Outdoor Growing Tutorial

If your soil is heavy it can get waterlogged. Then your plant can get stuffed with water at the rootzone and will stop producing basically, you could also get root rot. 7 days straight is a lot, see how it goes.

Whatever it takes,be safe,private property in the mountains,is as close as I got to gorilla growing,some people who are retired with lots of land and no help,will rent you their property for the season, for a small fee that is,i think the place I helped payed 10,000.cash, up front,thay rented a plot way up in the mountains able to grow 3...99 plant gardens, it was quite an experience,theirs nothing like it,once we settled in,these guys started fireing their weapons in the air like the wild west,so I had to join in ,very liberating.lol,the stars,very peaceful ,as soon as I returned t he shity city,i wanted to go back.HAPPY GROWING..their was a homless man on a bus with 2 brand new shovels thay still had the tags on them,and one bag of soil,and someone asked him,what are you doing with those shovels and bag of soil,and the homeless responded,Hell, I'm getting my weed grow on at the river bottom, and laughed with no teeth,lol,,now that's what I call dedicated.

Off-topic, but the thing about firing off rounds into the air... is that they all return to earth - and with enough force to kill someone/something if they happen to hit. I got all that out of my system before I ever entered high school, lol.

i am going to start outdoor i have seeds and an excellent location. but i have some questions. it seems still cold when i should start my location is mediternian sea today 14celcious and nights colder. i will not use pot my location also top of a mountain and its windy. can windy change shape of plants? indoor shape and aroma okey but a friend said outdoor makes not tasty and bad shaped. what do you thing about mates

Good to see one of RangerDanger's (RiP) threads active again. All of the information that he posted here is useful, and much of it is entertaining as well.

an excellent location

Congratulations.

can windy change shape of plants?

Sure. Sufficient wind, blowing nearly constantly and from the same direction, can cause trees to have branches mainly on the portion of the tree that is not facing into the wind. But in general, "wind" is good for plants, and cannabis is no exception in this regard. It encourages the branches to be stronger. It is also an aid to transpiration.

a friend said outdoor makes not tasty

Gee, all the freshly harvested sweet corn that I've ever eaten must have been grown indoors, then. Ohwaitaminute... (lol)

<SHRUGS> Maybe your friend's plants had dense buds and he or she harvested soon after - or during - a period of cool, rainy weather, ended up with moldy buds... and smoked them anyway?

and bad shaped.

I once smoked a joint that wasn't shaped very well. Oddly enough... it still got me there ;) .

i am going to start outdoor i have seeds and an excellent location. but i have some questions. it seems still cold when i should start my location is mediternian sea today 14celcious and nights colder. i will not use pot my location also top of a mountain and its windy. can windy change shape of plants? indoor shape and aroma okey but a friend said outdoor makes not tasty and bad shaped. what do you thing about mates

I do not think they are telling you the facts about the shape or smell . I have a out door and it's great as with anything we have had our troubles but all is well

Can someone give me some information my husband believes that you should not harvest right after rain because it washes all the tri-cones off I do not believe that because they are very sticky does anyone have any scientific proof on reasons you should wait or not wait ??? Or if you do weed how long I know that the curing process may be a little different if they are wet ??? Thank you for your time

No, rain DEFINITELY doesn't wash the trichs off, so stay calm :)

Can someone give me some information my husband believes that you should not harvest right after rain because it washes all the tri-cones off I do not believe that because they are very sticky does anyone have any scientific proof on reasons you should wait or not wait ??? Or if you do weed how long I know that the curing process may be a little different if they are wet ??? Thank you for your time

To add to what conradino23 stated: The trichomes are NOT water soluble. And there's a thread around here somewhere about washing one's buds after harvest - and before drying - and several members do this. For example, SweetSue does so - and posted about it on one of her grow journal threads (see post #148, which I'll try to provide a direct link to for you).
SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Aside from that, when I was growing outside and there was rain (or a chance of rain) near harvest time, my concern wasn't that the trichomes would somehow get "washed off" - it was mold.

What To Do While Waiting For The Spring
Well, if you grew this year, right now is about the best time of the year. Your harvested/slow-dried weed is curing and you have an abundance of top-quality buds.
But if you're a 1st-timer considering an guerilla grow in '07, you can put these cold late fall/winter to good use.

You should get a trail guide to the woods nearest where you live. You can get excellent ones at any large sporting goods store. The nearest Forest Service/Nat'l Park Service also has bare bones trail guides, free.
If you're inexperienced in hiking/backpacking, I recommend reading a hiking book. One Step At A Time by Harvey Manning is a good one, full of handy tips.
If you live in the southwest US, where winters are mild, you can be using this time of year for exploritory hikes.

One thing leo's look for is the same car parked at the same place several times/week for months and months. So you should look for a place where your parked car cannot be seen from the road. Also, a bike rack is a good cover, especially if the trail hooks up to other trails. You don't need a bike, just the rack.

ALSO
there are low-life's in the woods just like anywhere else. People who go up in the mountains looking for parked cars to break into.
That's why it's a good idea to use an old beat-up car with nothing of value inside. And I mean NOTHING. I had a friend who had his window busted out with a rock so someoneone could steal the handfull of quarters my friend had in the console for parking meters.
My van, which had nothing of value inside (and was unlocked) which was parked at the same trailhead was unmolested.

First off all, let me get this out of the way.
Outdoor growing requires commitment.
Don't think you can skip gaily through the woods scattering seeds and come back in Oct to find weed growing, it doesn't work that way.
-Marijuana needs water every 2 or 3 days. If it doesn't rain, you must supply it. Since you want a remote location, that means long hours of pounding the trail after work and on weekends while your friends are partying at the beach.
There will likely be hot days when the last thing you want to do is walking a dusty trail.
-Marijuana needs to be grown in amended soil. That means digging holes 3' across x 3' deep, backbreaking work with a pick and shovel which you have to haul out to the woods.
-It means hauling potting soil, 1 bag per hole, and each bag usually requires 2trips, since each bag weighs about 70 lbs.; you'll have to split it.
-It means starting seeds or clones at home, and going in at pre-dawn, carrying them out to the site when they're about 8"--12" tall.
-Having thm in the ground by 05/01, and harvesting on let's say 10/15 mean 5 & 1/2 months of labor. Miss one watering trip and all your plants will die.
If you can't hack these criteria, don't even bother starting.

For those still with me, let's look at the potential rewards.
I'll put this in economic terms. Not because you're gonna sell, but because you no longer have to spend money buying buds you can spend that money on other stuff (like hookers and beer).
Let's say you grow 10 females and get 6 oz. of buds per plant--do-able with my help.
That's 60 oz, or 3.75 lbs. At retail prices for top quality bud, that means over $9,000.00 worth of pot.
Sounding better?
I did a quick figuring and after deducting gas money to get to the woods, and nutrients, guerilla growing was a part-time job that paid $100/hour.
Not too shabby.

GETTING STARTED
Now (Sept./Oct.) is a good time to start getting ready for next years grow. You will need to find a locations near--but not next to--a water source. Streams, lakes, etc. draw animals, both of the 4 and 2-legged variety.
And you want to make sure that the water source is still available this time of year (some water sources dry up before the fall rains).
You will need:
A frame backpack
Hiking boots
A trail guide (available at any large sporting goods store).
And a "cover'. That includes a dog, binocs, camera, fishing gear, etc--something that makes anyone you might encounter on trails think your just an innocent hiker/fisherman/bird watcher.

A partner is a good idea. For instance you can alternate trips. Or if you're out there together ond one of you gets injured, the other can go get help. But you'd better make sure it's someone you can trust to know where in the woods you have a box full of $10,000 worth of gold coins buried. Otherwise you may go out near harvest time to find your plants gone.

It really pains me to say this, but if you're a chick you're gonna absolutely need a male partner. Ever if your a black belt in karate, a woman alone--or even 2 girls--is in danger in the woods. 99% of the people you meet are ok, but it's that 1 percent you have to worry about. Come across a group of drunk low-life's...

Read the trail guide and find an interesting area. Look for trails that cross or parellell streams (marked on the map). The when you're an hour or more in, veer off the trail and look for a clearing with a good view of the southern skies (where the sun will be). A GPS can be a help here to "bookmark" locations.
Look for signs that anyone has been there--cigarette butts, paths, etc. Abandon those potential sites.
You also need a place you can get into and out of without leaving a path.
When you find what seems to be a suitable location you still want to make sure it's not frequented by people.
Bring a hand full of change--shiny quarters & dimes for example (Kennedy half-dollars were a favorite of mine). Put these next to a sitting size log or rock so it looks like they fell out of someone's pocket when they sat to rest. Or get some cheap 5 dollar compasses and put them on a lanyard (string). Hang these at chest level on a branch so it looks like it accidentally got torn off as someone was hiking by. Anyone who sees the coins or compass will take them and you'll know not to plant there.
And remember--the more remote the loactions, the harder it is to get to, the more chance you'll have of success.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
Frist, pick a trail where the can access it without your vehicle being seen from a road. A car parked at a remote trailhead several times a week for months means "grower nearby".
When you're out hiking around, you gotta have this mind set--"where will no one ever go?"
This usually means remote.
It means near (but not next to) a water source.
It means a clearing that has a clear view of the souethern skies. You can be right up against trees to the north, but in the northern hemisphere the sun in in the southern sky. It helps if you have a compass.
You need a location you can get to & from without leaving a path.
I used to wade streams and rock-hop.
Old cabin sites are ideal. I knew of several places where there used to be cabins many years before. The cabins were gone but the clearings remained.

P.S. this is a work in progress (I'm not getting paid for this folks). I'll continue to post and by the time I'm done (maybe not for months) you'll know exactly how to end up with boxfulls of phat sticky budz next year.

Stay tuned.

Almost forgot--DON'T TELL ANYONE OF YOUR PLANS TO GROW MJ.

Please, any Q's, comments etc. please start another thread.
Hi what if you want to grow in your backyard? the above seems like a headache.

Would you recommend pots or put the plants/seeds in the ground? (The soil is shit here).

Thanks,
M.

Hi what if you want to grow in your backyard? the above seems like a headache.

Would you recommend pots or put the plants/seeds in the ground? (The soil is shit here).

Thanks,
M.
Hey M, for sure a lot easier in your own backyard. First thing I’d buy would be a WiFi security camera!
They’ll be easier to grow in the ground, with more root space and less watering. Potted plants can be moved if need be. Even really shit dirt can be made into garden soil if you build it up with the right stuff.

Back
Top Bottom