Outdoor Northeast Canada strains

Theperfectherb

420 Member
HI guys, i'm from northeast New-Brunswick, Canada. I'm looking to order some seeds for an outdoor crop. I'm still a beginner grower, therefore, for my limited experience I'm looking for some easy to grow strains. From my past experiences I need some strains that are mold resistant and come to maturation around mid/end of September. Where I live we usually have lot of rain in that time of the year and we have to deal with cool temperature...the perfect environment for mold. I was checking at the black indica... hash plant..and green cracking . Does any one tried these strains in that kind of climate? If not any advises for some good strains.

Merci !!

Look to the other coast for genetics. Canada has good outdoor genetics that can handle rain. Pretty sure some of the early stuff they grow on the west coast would finish on the east coast. You can look into Texada Timewarp a Canadian original. Not sure if Mighty mite is outdoor but if so it might work. 2 Older strains from Amsterdam that always did good outdoors are Early Girl, Early Sativa, and Early Pearl. I think you can find them at Sensi or Dutch Passion. I had a early girl finish here in the rocky mountains a few years back. Hard weather here so it should work there.
Watch out for auto flower strains. They start flowering with lots of light and on their own. That does not mean they will finish on time. Or be good outdoor. I would stay with strictly outdoor strains.

Look to the other coast for genetics. Canada has good outdoor genetics that can handle rain. Pretty sure some of the early stuff they grow on the west coast would finish on the east coast. You can look into Texada Timewarp a Canadian original. Not sure if Mighty mite is outdoor but if so it might work. 2 Older strains from Amsterdam that always did good outdoors are Early Girl, Early Sativa, and Early Pearl. I think you can find them at Sensi or Dutch Passion. I had a early girl finish here in the rocky mountains a few years back. Hard weather here so it should work there.
Watch out for auto flower strains. They start flowering with lots of light and on their own. That does not mean they will finish on time. Or be good outdoor. I would stay with strictly outdoor strains.

Thanks a lot for the advises Jackalope! I will check out those strains

There's plenty of fast-finishing indica & hybrid strains available on the west coast, as Jackalope notes. Some have pretty greaty yields & hi-THC. Kush indicas are your (and everyone else's) friends

Merci beaucoup (thanks a lot) bud for the advise.

i found some master kush seeds this week! ....well at least that's what the guy told me it was ....(i'm kind of a hard believer if i just hear something from mouth to ear) ... So i just bought a small amount of them. ....was really cheap so nothing to loose, has far i can spot if there's any males in the garden before its to late !!!! But still, i want to order some femenise seeds (so i will be 100% sure that's really what i have) ....hash plant and god gift really got my attention... Do you think it might be too late to start from seeds at this time?

Sorry if you have hard time to understand me, i'm french and I try to translate and explain my self the best i can ..

Not sure about your seasons. It is a bit late for getting plants started. In some states they have not been moved out side yet but are still going. There is still plenty of time for a plant to grow and bud. The size of the plant will be effected though

Merci beaucoup (thanks a lot) bud for the advise.

i found some master kush seeds this week! ....well at least that's what the guy told me it was ....(i'm kind of a hard believer if i just hear something from mouth to ear) ... So i just bought a small amount of them. ....was really cheap so nothing to loose, has far i can spot if there's any males in the garden before its to late !!!! But still, i want to order some femenise seeds (so i will be 100% sure that's really what i have) ....hash plant and god gift really got my attention... Do you think it might be too late to start from seeds at this time?

Sorry if you have hard time to understand me, i'm french and I try to translate and explain my self the best i can ..
You are quite understandable!
It's not too late to start from seed. You should still get useable, quality buds if all goes well. But this late, it's likely that the plants will be fairly small & that it'll affect your yield quantity.

But there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone needs a monster yield. So go for it, learn from your grow & enjoy the process and however much you end up with. Master Kush should produce nice quality bud, if it goes well.

2 Older strains from Amsterdam that always did good outdoors are Early Girl, Early Sativa, and Early Pearl. I think you can find them at Sensi

Yes.

That reminds me, what about Guerrilla's Gusto, by Sensi Seeds? I've read that it can take some weather (and cool/cold temperatures). Mostly indica, though, but... Here's a link to it at The Vault (one of our forum sponsors):
Guerrilla's Gusto Regular Seeds

They posted about a promo earlier this month involving Sensi Seeds, and one of the possible freebies associated with it is Sensi Seeds' Afghan #1 (which is also a short-flowering indica) - which might be another possibility for you. I don't know whether or not the promo is still in effect, but it might be worth checking into (and it's always nice to support the businesses that support our favorite forum). Maybe I can get Gary's attention and he can let you know if it's still valid. @Gary from The Vault

Here's a link to that, just in case:
Sensi Seeds Promo

BtW, if I remember correctly, Early Girl is Sensi Seeds' earliest outdoor indica, and Early Pearl was their first outdoor sativa(ish) that was bred especially for short Summers back in the mid-1980s. I think there are several crosses involving (one of) these two strains, too. And I think there is an Early Skunk, too.

Back
Top Bottom