Outdoor Oregon backyard grow!

mudrunner

hey y'all! it seems as if one of my plants is a couple weeks ahead of other Oregon grows right now, and I thought I'd post a couple pictures of mine, just because I'm excited I guess! the strain is either white widow X big bud or skunk X white widow. I got 2 seeds mixed up at birth and can't for the life of me tell them apart lol... well, helpful advice is always appreciated. happy growing to you all! I'm mighty proud of my plants, even though there a little small. keep in mind, it wasn't legalised in Oregon until July 1st.

DSC0007014.JPG
DSC0006721.JPG
DSC0006522.JPG

Right on Mudrunner. Those are the kind of results I hope to achieve next year. Definitely more manageable than the 7 foot monsters I ended up with. Topping and lst are on my list of skills to develop. Yours looks like it is easily going to make the weather window, congrats.

thank you nwpassage! I really needed to keep mine below the fence and I'm happy they didn't get too big, you have some mighty fine looking plants yourself! thank you for the encouraging words. I've got 4 different strains going right now and I'll work on getting some more pictures up soon. this has been a huge learning experience so far, and we're just getting to the good part! I look forward to seeing how yours turn out. keep up the hard work on those monsters!

Yeah, really nice! I need to try topping as well. Your flowers are looking lively. I'm starting to get a little nervous down the stretch. I've got lots of trichs now and they're starting to cloud up. I'm hoping to get some more density happening in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to some more sunny days.

no kidding, the Sun would be great about now. it rained pretty hard for almost an hour today. I need to get some stakes on that plant here soon to hold the branches up. with this one being as far along as it is I'm really looking forward to not rushing it and chopping too soon. I've been told the final 2 weeks is when they really pack on the weight.... we'll see. :thumb:

thanks for the comment and support, best of luck to ya!

Are you seeing much browning happening on the flowers? Mine are starting to brown at the tips. They've been doing that for a couple of weeks now. Some more than others.

haha, honestly I'm a little more paranoid of theft than weather, at least weather is an act of nature. if I lose some to mold it won't bother me nearly as much as losing some to unmotivated thieves that don't have the will to grow their own. you're right, I just checked the forecast. dry and 80's for the most part... what a relief!

you mean the pistils (hairs) are browning? or the flowers themselves? I can't say I have. that close up pic is about an average budsite, and I haven't seen any of that so far. you should post a close up picture if you get a bit, i'd love to see it!

I thought id post up a couple pictures of my hashberry by mandala seeds before I head off to. it's my biggest plant by a long shot. I bought it as a young plant shortly after July first and immediately started lst... I've got literally 25-30 strings holding this girl down. those of you thinking of learning lst I highly recommend this strain. it has vigorous bushy growth and very flexible stems. I'll get some shots of the lower plant shortly. tell me what ya think, and please feel free to post your own, i'd love to see Em!!!

DSC0006117.JPG

DSC0006322.JPG

That plant looks fantastic! What is "lst"?

Edit: Low Stress Training. Just looked it up. Was it complicated?

As for the browning, I was referring to the pistils. I forgot my terminology. I'm beginning to realize it's pretty normal. But I'm going to keep an eye on it. It's good knowing that they put on weight the last couple of weeks. I've noticed the flowers have been filling out a little more. Hopefully that trend continues.

These were taken last Monday. First day of week 5. I'll take another set of photos on Labor Day.

Hortense_5_weeks_cola.jpg
Hortense_5_weeks_top.jpg

Big_Ethel_5_weeks_cola.jpg
Big_Ethel_5_weeks.jpg

Awesome looking plants jddrews... any idea of the strain? those buds look hard as a rock already! delicious man. lol

l.s.t. = low stress training

there are many people on here that put mine to shame. basically the whole concept is to use strings or wire to tie the plant low and wide, rather than the typical "Christmas tree" shape we're all familiar with. doing this accomplishes a couple things.

- allows the light to better penetrate the canopy because the plant isn't as tall/ thick. which is especially helpful for indoor gardens.
- also forces the plant to have many many more, smaller budsites due to even light distribution.
- in many cases increased yield with a more manageable sized plant.

and in my case, it essentially allows me to have a 6 foot tall plant, in a 3 foot tall package. I simply force the branches that keep growing up, to simply grow out instead! every one wine this way I win, the plant wins because I don't have to cut down precious vegetative growth, even the neighbor wins because they aren't bring forced into having to stare at my backyard hobby!! lol... in reality though, it's a fantastic technique to maximize yields and minimize height.

I encourage anyone interested in lst to read up on it and just give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose!

if anyone would like to add to anything I've just said, please feel free!

Amazing colas! I'm very impressed and look forward to more pics and learning more about your success.

The trichomes on 2 of my girls are almost 50% cloudy and since I want to harvest at about 10% amber, I think it's time to back off on nutes.

Happy Harvest Everyone!

good to hear you've got a game plan annjulieah. I'd love to see a pic or 2 or 3 posted up here! welcome to the forum by the way... another option to consider is harvesting your plant in different stages. you may take one branch a little early, one branch right on, and so forth. I see this being beneficial if you've got a plant you know the strain of, and have an interest in growing again. then you know the time frame you need to harvest in with that exact strain and can replicate that exactly in future grows. just a simple suggestion. I'm by no means an expert. thanks for stopping by and posting the encouraging words. I wish you the best of luck on your current grow!

another option to consider is harvesting your plant in different stages. you may take one branch a little early, one branch right on, and so forth.

Hey mudrunner,

Thanks for the encouragement! This forum has been invaluable and I will do many things differently next year. I think you're right about the staggered harvest because the tops of my plants are riper than other areas.

I was thinking about trying the 36 hour darkness before harvest technique but I wonder what that might do to the remaining immature buds. Any thoughts?

My girls are still looking rough. I'd like to think the yellowing is normal but I know I created a nute lockout about a month ago. I was over adjusting my water ph and only learned I had the issue after our last triple digit heat wave. The ph is back in range and the new growth looks good but it's late in the season for recovery, i think.

The first 2 pics are of Cindy 99 and the last 2 are of Cinderella's Dream, (someday I'll figure out pic rotation - sorry). I would celebrate the Cindy's early bloom more if I didn't know stress probably brought on early flowers. I really can't complain because I made lots of beginner mistakes yet I'm still getting some kind of harvest.

IMG_014142.JPG
IMG_013045.jpg
IMG_014852.JPG
IMG_014438.JPG

WOW jddrews! Those colas are really filling in. Have you looked at Trichomes yet? Your girl's pistols aren't as red as mine yet but i think that means your girls flowers will be getting even larger. Great work everyone and keep those photo updates coming.

Really looking good Ann. If I understand correctly towards the end of the plants life nitrogen isn't as essential any longer and the loss of that vegetation may not be such a bad sign. I think you did great.

nwpassage,

Those monster plants are really filling in nicely with lots of buds! Your girls have looked super healthy all along. If they flower as aggressively as they've grown, i think you should be very happy and have a busy harvest season. I look forward to updates and hearing how harvest goes for everyone.

Good Work! :goodjob:

My girls have definitely turned a corner. The buds have thickened up and the resin has a great smell to it. I'm seeing a lot of cloudy trichomes now but no amber ones. I'm going to go one more week with a push of nutes before I flush the following week and that should probably do it. I was pretty psyched this morning when I took a look. I gave them a nice trim to get rid of redundant/yellow/crowded leaves.

Everybody's plants look amazing! Looking forward to harvest time!

big_ethel_5_weeks_7.jpg

big_ethel_5_weeks_5.JPG
hortense_5_weeks_4.JPG
hortense_5_weeks_2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom