Overkill

rillos

:Namaste: How much is too much light??? Running a 400wHPS and i know it can do the job for two plants but I wanted more light anyway.So i had these CFL lights and reflectors i just set them too get the bottom. There are closer than what the pic shows 3" at most. I'll rotate plants daily. I'm in 3rd week of flower White Widow. Temps still good 83 at the hottest time of day. Any thoughts on this. :peace:

20140502_210758.jpg

Research here to start. Conditions, plant health, qualities of the light... many factors determine what is too much. Running CO2, HPS and light movers, my plants regularily recieve over 1500umol for short periods and over 1000umol regularily without any noticable damage. Anything over 1500 and i would be concerned.

There is no way you could get your CFL's above 1500umol. My T5's only get to about 550umol. A 400w HPS could easy damage if you were really close and had a decent hood. Heat burn becomes a bigger factor than photoburn usually. If your plants are crappy to begin with, or clones/juvenile, your conditions generally sux like lack of airflow or too much nuts or water issues ... im sure you could see damage with constant 1000umol which would be easy under 400w HPS.

Bottom lighting is the most in-efficient position.

Research here to start. Conditions, plant health, qualities of the light... many factors determine what is too much. Running CO2, HPS and light movers, my plants regularily recieve over 1500umol for short periods and over 1000umol regularily without any noticable damage. Anything over 1500 and i would be concerned.

There is no way you could get your CFL's above 1500umol. My T5's only get to about 550umol. A 400w HPS could easy damage if you were really close and had a decent hood. Heat burn becomes a bigger factor than photoburn usually. If your plants are crappy to begin with, or clones/juvenile, your conditions generally sux like lack of airflow or too much nuts or water issues ... im sure you could see damage with constant 1000umol which would be easy under 400w HPS.

Bottom lighting is the most in-efficient position.

Okay thanks for the thoughts. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom