Owner of Chico Cannabis Club Arrested

Weedpipe

420 Member
CHICO, CA. - The owner and founder of a Butte County medical marijuana collective was arrested Friday evening on suspicion of illegally selling marijuana.

Joel Kelly Castle, 62, is the founding member of the Chico Cannabis Club and legally possesses a doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana use.

However, according to a Chico Police Department press release, Castle allegedly traded an item for marijuana after responding to a Craigslist advertisement.

The press release states police received a complaint from a Chico Craigslist user, who indicated that Castle had offered to trade marijuana for an item they had posted for sale.

Posing as the seller of the item, police officers arranged to meet with Castle, who allegedly traded two ounces of marijuana for the item.

He was arrested as he returned to a nearby motel where he was residing.

Police obtained a search warrant for Castle's room, where they reportedly found more than five pounds of processed marijuana, packaging materials, information about marijuana sales and a loaded semi-automatic firearm.

Castle was arrested on suspicion of sales of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and being armed in the commission of a felony.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
Copyright: 1996 - 2008 - Chico Enterprise-Record

aawww geeeeez, *covers his eyes* :roorrip:

aawww geeeeez, *covers his eyes* :roorrip:

Ayup, it just doesn't end. :rollingeyes:

This happened after Chico banned dispensaries and collectives and effectively shut Joel's business down, and hours before the mmj rally that he was hosting downtown. Some people think he was set up, as what he traded for was allegedly something he needed for the rally, and being a very vocal sort, fairly advertised his need to everyone within earshot. Someone then posted an ad for the sought-after article and forwarded his communication to LEO, and the rest is covered in the article.

It's a nasty war up here, and getting worse every day....

:peace:

The press release states police received a complaint from a Chico Craigslist user, who indicated that Castle had offered to trade marijuana for an item they had posted for sale.

Posing as the seller of the item, police officers arranged to meet with Castle, who allegedly traded two ounces of marijuana for the item.

Smells kind of fishy. I wonder if there was an original complaint.

Irish-gal...What the hell's goin on down there? Watch yer back sister, apparently, ya cant be sure who's behind you...:peace: MF

Irish-gal...What the hell's goin on down there? Watch yer back sister, apparently, ya cant be sure who's behind you...:peace: MF

It's insanity, Freddie. Until I started reading the comments of the "moral majority" on the local mmj news articles, I had no idea how much hate was really out there--lots of fearful people afraid the whole world is going to become addicts and die if cannabis is legalized. What we are seeing up here now is the knee-jerk reaction to the mmj/cannabis culture as it comes out of the closet.

I'm pretty far down in the stack of possible cases on the DA's desk, below the 400 plant grows and the dispensaries and collectives (all of whom are now in court battles), but I know it's only a matter of time before they come back out--and I bet it'll be around harvest again. They really like to yank the mature bud around here. I'm keeping the eyes in the back of my head open, even when I sleep.:peace:

G'luck to all...:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom