P.E.I. a Pot-Growers Haven

PFlynn

Prince Edward Island's Anne isn't the only thing that's green, according to an article in a Boston alternative newspaper.

Writer Alan Earls charges that "Pot Edward Island" is a haven for dope growers and that inexpensive electricity from Quebec fuels its grow-ops.

"Canada's most picturesque province is surprisingly also the fertile center of an underground marijuana explosion," opines the sub-head for the feature-length piece.

In the weekly Boston Phoenix, Earls writes that beyond the "Pollyanna disposition" of Anne of Green Gables, "islanders have discovered another way to smile through the summer and avoid the blues during the bleak local winters."

As for grow-ops fuelled with cheap power from Quebec, Earls claims they're responsible for the 250 plants police so far seized this year ( up from 200 in 2007 ). The only problem is that P.E.I. gets most of its power from New Brunswick.

Neither Earls nor Phoenix editor Lance Gould responded to requests for an interview.

Denis Morin, an RCMP spokesman who was quoted in Earl's article, said yesterday he was surprised the writer put his own spin on the story.

"Two hundred plants in 2007? I would say it's quite minor in the scale of things for P.E.I. and Canada," Morin said. "I'm sure in Boston, they'd be glad to have a problem like this."

Earls' article ends on a high note, concluding: "One thing is clear: P.E.I. pot is no longer small potatoes."

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Victoria Times-Colonist (CN BC)
Copyright: 2008 Canwest News Service

This is nothing but bull. It is far from that on P.E.I. Anything that was ever busted on P.E.I growing wise was all out doors. Maybe one or two in door ops which with my understanding were caught by high meter readings(Most ever caught was 12 plants indoors) .Plus their electricity bill is higher then any where else in Canada, almost double. I think it was started with hype to justify what the RCMP are doing there. Entering people houses when they are not home and checking electrical companies for high readings. If they catch a grow op ,they say a dog called 911. So people won't expect a friend of a cop working at the electric companies.

Back
Top Bottom