Pairing up 2x300w LED and 1 CFL bulb for lower buds

PlanetJanet

Hey,

I am using 1 300w marshydro LED during veg which i plan to add in another panel so having 2 x 300w marshydro LED for flowering. Would it be beneficial to add in 1 dual spectrum CFL bulb for hanging low to help lower buds and rotate it on a day by day basis i.e Day 1 = 12 position , Day 2= 3pm position, Day 3= 6pm position, day 4= 9m position, Day 5 = 12 position and so on?

Also can i plug in 2 300w panels onto a double plug in turn plugged into a timer into a 4 way extension?

Thanks
J

More light is always great, but i think your better off putting time and energy towards LST and keeping a low and even canopy.
Youll get more out of the LEDs like this without really "needing" the CFL...

lol it does take time and can be "daunting," but it will pay off in the end. I honestly think having to move the light around at diff days to ensure some kind of balance in supplement lighting, for lower buds, will be more work and not benefit you much in the end than some old fashion low-stress-training.

Your just tying down branches to ensure an even and low canopy. its fairly easy and just takes a little patience. I mean the plants are not going anywhere...still will have to do 8-10week flower, might as well do it right.

Its the topping bit that puts me off, i think i would end up breaking it off on the wrong part of the plant i take it you need to top it twice then start tying the branches to the string and guide them horizontally above the string? Or is it below the string mesh?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420

Few different ways you can go about it, but a the end of the day you just want a low canopy.

Check out some youtube videos on different methods and techniques on LST. Keep in mind when you clone, you cut shoots off your mom plant and its fine. So if you do "mess up," and break a top or something snaps, its not the end of the world. You can always just start cloning it.

Thanks cheers, i'll check out youtube i am growing one fruit spirit in a 2x2x5.5 tent so it might be a good idea to use some LST

Veg for a month, let that bish stretch! Then throw it into flower...2-3week into flower it should stop stretching...and with all the LST, man you will have a beast!

Is it basically just tying down the main branches with string and threading it through holes made round the rim to gently pull her down over time?

Back
Top Bottom