Passive exhaust

WordUp

For a passive exhaust, what would you use to keep light/smell from coming back out thro the passive exhaust?

Also, for cooling a 1000 watt light via a cooltube, would it be better to pull air in from outside, or would air from another room in the house be ok- i keep the house around 70-75 year round...

Peace
:thanks:

A passive exhaust will allow all the smell back out into the house.
The way I run my light is I have a carbon filter in my tent connected to my light which in turn is connected to an extractor fan that blows the cleaned air out of the tent with 0 smell.
This is considered an active exhaust, and it also acts to passively bring fresh air into the room through the force of suction from the exhaust fan alone.

You will be fine to cool the tube with air from the room itself if you do a similar set up to mine, my 600w stays cool to the touch pulling 75 degree air through it 18 hours a day.

There are some pictures of my set up if you check my grow signature, hope this helped some. :smokin:

Yeah I meant passive intake. Same question tho- I know the smell should be ok with the fan running, but what do you use to disguise the passive intake for a stealth grow? I saw someone post about light traps- what are they?

Thanks for the replies.

Here is a diagram I drew up about light traps. The idea is that while wind can flow around corners, light can't.

light_trap1.JPG

the smell should not leave an intake since air is coming in. If you shut the exhaust off at night causing air may flow the intake in the wrong direction. I would look into a damper of some sort that only allows air to flow in one direction. They have ones that are electric and close with power or open with power so you can plug into your timer and use an open with power damper. This way when lights and ehaust shut off the damper closes due to lack of power preventing backflow of stinky air. :)

Back
Top Bottom