PC Fan Power Supply

upinvapor

I found a site with power cords for PC Fans: Dayton Blowers: REPLACEMENT 6' POWER CORD FOR AXIAL FAN [736913] - Fans, Blowers & Ducting - Environmental Control - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source .

Box Layout: Flower Chamber - 3' x 3' x 6', Mother Chamber - 1.5' x 3' x 4', Clones Chamber - 1.5' x 3' x 2'.

The only reason I had not planned to do PC fans was the power cord for them as I read that while it is easy to wire something like an old car charger cord to a PC fan that running it using that cord for long periods of time is not safe. Think a power supply like in that link would do the trick? If so, I could probably get a way with using a 6" PC fan to vent the mother chamber and a 4" PC fan to vent the clone chamber and was going to use 2 of the 6" Duct Fans( High Tech Garden Supply ) to exhaust the flower chamber with passive intakes on all 3 chambers. What do you think? Is this power cord safe for PC fans or is there another safe setup that can run long periods of time with no electrical problems?

the inline duct blower is loud.

check out this link to check out how I powered up to 4 PC fans and a fan controller that plugs into wall outlet.

I really like that fan controller. So the wires from the fans go right into the controller which plugs into the wall?

I really like that fan controller. So the wires from the fans go right into the controller which plugs into the wall?

Yes, that's right and it gives you variable speed on up to 4 fans.
I just happened across it when I was searching for quiet pc fans. I needed a way to power the fans and this unit fit my needs.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom