Grow Room Plans with Picture of Layout

upinvapor

I have decided to build a grow box and put it in a closet in my spare bedroom. The closet is 5' (Deep) x 4.5' (Wide) x 9' (Tall). The box I am putting in will have 2 sides with 3 chambers. The box will be 3.5' (Deep) x 4.5' (Wide) x 6' (Tall). I am going to make two main chambers, one for veg (3.5' Deep x 1.5' Wide x 6' Tall) and one for flowering (3.5' Deep x 3' Wide x 6' Tall). The veg chamber will be two smaller chambers, one being up top for clones 1.5' Wide x 2' Tall. The bottom part of that chamber will be for mothers and will be 1.5' Wide x 4' Tall. I want to end up flowering like 3-4 plants at a time. I am planning to use a passive intake active exhaust for ventilation with an inline duct fan like High Tech Garden Supply used for the exhaust. I just need to figure out if this will be enough ventilation. I am planning to build the box out of wood using thin particle board or similar for the walls and lining it with mylar sheeting. I am growing Joey Weed Blueberry and Cindy 99 x AK47.

Here is the layout

What do you think?

Upin, Sounds like you've done some planning !! Post some pics when you can ! Were all waiting with baited breath !!( god that must stink) to check out your grow !! :peace: Did you drop by the introduce yourself thread ?! See you around and welcome !!

Ok, I have put some more thought into this since some have told me this is not enough ventilation. HTG Supply has 3 different sizes for this duct fan: They have a 4", 6", and 8". The 4" - 80CFM, 6" - 160CFM, 8" - 300CFM.

What about if I use 2 of the 6" fans in the flowering chamber with a decent size passive intake? I will be using CFLs in the Veg side for clones and mothers. With just CFLs on that side will I still need to exhaust? If I do, what about if I make a passive intake at the bottom of the mother veg chamber and a 4" exhaust in both the mother and clone chambers and run ducting from those two outtake holes into a Y splitter with a 6" duct fan pulling air out of both of those chambers since they should not get too hot without a HID? If using one fan for the mother and clone sections together will not work I could do a passive intake and 4" exhaust duct fan from HTG supply in each of those chambers, which would set me up with 2 6" exhaust duct fans in the flower chamber and 2 4" fans in the veg chambers, one in with mothers and one with clones. How does that sound? The HPS I am using in the flowering chamber I bought from HTGSupply a couple years ago but never turned on. It will not have a cool tube.

Cfls usually run pretty cool, it's the hps that'l run the temp up. Start things out and see where the temps are at, you can always add a larger fan to the flower side as you go.. :peace: My little closet can get up to over 90 with the hps on , so I usually leave the door open during lights on and that seems to do the job.. :bong:

This is the light I have from HTG - High Tech Garden Supply - Can I cooltube that easily or do I even need to? It says remote ballast, I would imagine that means I can put the ballast on top of the box and run the cord inside to the HPS and reflector section. That should help temps a bit?

Back
Top Bottom