Pennsylvania: Medical Marijuana Booth Spreads Info At PA Farm Show

Founder
Harrisburg - Cows and cannabis. Both are in the spotlight at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg. Livestock is certainly a sights you expect to see at the Pennsylvania Farm Show.

"You can come over here and we can talk about pot," is not a line many would expect to hear at the expo in Harrisburg.

A sound however many didn't expected to hear. "I've come down to the farm show for years and nothing ever like this has been here," Cody Darr said. "Are you surprised to see this at the farm show?"

I asked Tom and Lois Tilley of Coopersburg. "Kinda yeah," laughed Tom and Lois. However a Medical Cannabis booth is no laughing matter for M.P. Tomei, Director of Community Outreach for Pennsylvania Democratic Senator Daylin Leach.

"Whole goal with this issue is educating people," she said. The space was donated by another vendor. Armed with educational tools..and legislative outlines. "This Senator voted yes, this voted no," Tomei points out to a couple checking out the booth.

She and her team are trying to spark increased interest in the medical marijuana debate. " Opportunity to talk with thousands of Pennsylvanians and their response has been overwhelmingly positive," Tomei told us.

Pennsylvanians like Jennifer Karijomennggloe. whose 7 year old daughter Keria suffers from severe seizures. "If this becomes legal, do you think it would help you daughter?" I asked her.

" I do." She said. It would help in controlling her seizures. Leach re-introduced a Senate Bill to legalize medical pot. A similar bill passed by a 43 to 7 vote last year..but was extinguished in the House.

Leach says support now is overwhelming and thinks Governor Wolf could sign a medical marijuana bill as early as April.

"There is no reason to deny sick people the benefit of this medicine that is available, when we already prescribed are far more dangerous far more addictive medication that's less affective," Leach said.

However the debate continues and there are those that still feel like Cody Darr "Came down to check it out and learn about the bill today, I'm still in the middle here," Darr said.

A551.jpg

News Moderator: 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana booth spreads info at Pa Farm Show | Regional: Southeastern PA - Home
Author: Bo Koltnow
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: WFMZ | Allentown, PA News, Lehigh Valley, Eastern Pennsylvania News, Weather, Sports | 69 News

Back
Top Bottom