Pests? or just nute burn?

BombnCali

err002.jpg

err009.jpg

Hi guys this is my first try at growing and so fare there not doing to good (I think) I dont know the PH of the soil and the plants are under a mixture of 26 watt daylight and soft white CFL's theres 8 total.

This is just one of the plants, I was just curious what that is on the leafs in the first pic, mabey pest damage? Im pretty sure the second pic has something to do with nutes (there in MG 3 month release/moisture controll.....sigh) I dont think the first pic is nute burn though, but I havnt seen anything moving around or on the plants so im not to sure what it is.

Any help would be nice, also the other plants are begining to get blotches on their leaves which are light green.

err002.jpg

err009.jpg

Hi guys this is my first try at growing and so fare there not doing to good (I think) I dont know the PH of the soil and the plants are under a mixture of 26 watt daylight and soft white CFL's theres 8 total.

This is just one of the plants, I was just curious what that is on the leafs in the first pic, mabey pest damage? Im pretty sure the second pic has something to do with nutes (there in MG 3 month release/moisture controll.....sigh) I dont think the first pic is nute burn though, but I havnt seen anything moving around or on the plants so im not to sure what it is.

Any help would be nice, also the other plants are begining to get blotches on their leaves which are light green.

If you have them in MG, then it is most likely the beginning of nute burn. MG is fine for the first days, but as the plant puts down more roots, the burn begins. You should find you some good organic soil and replant them immediatly. If you can't afford a ph pen (you can get them on e-bay for about 20 bucks) go buy some litmus paper and check the runoff when you water. Seems like MG soil runs about 8.0ph, which is way to high. You want your soil around 6.5 when you pot them, and control ph by using dolomite lime.

Grats on being so proactive... marks like that were the first things i noticed before a spidermite explosion... not wishin it on ya... just check real close.. under the leaves, at joints... look fer little webs.

Grats on being so proactive... marks like that were the first things i noticed before a spidermite explosion... not wishin it on ya... just check real close.. under the leaves, at joints... look fer little webs.

Yeah thats what I was afriad of, damn. Are spidermites easily visable to the naked eye? Because I have yet to see anything moving around on the plants but more marks like the ones in the first pic keep appearing. And I checked them very well and didnt find any webs. Plus I have the plants in clear containers wrapped with reflected material so I unwrapped them to see if there were any webs or larva under the soil and didnt see anything there either.

If I get ladybugs do you think that can prevent an infestation?

And I hope to have them all transplanted into organtic soil by the end of the week, hope they can stand stong till then.

Anyone else have any idea's of what the first pic may be? Id really like to have a good idea of what it is befor I go buying a bunch of stuff and causing more stress to the plant trying to fix something thats not even the issue.

Any more suggestion would be very helpful, and btw I clipped the leaf in the second pic off...

HAPPY 4-20!!!!:roorrip:

mites are tiny but they can be seen if you get close enough...

patience and keep things clean... it doesn't look that bad... don't even know if it's mites. Keep an eye on them...

also the other guy had some ideas

ph and soil type are pretty important. a ph test kit can be had cheap at the home de~pot.

Back
Top Bottom