Peter Tosh Interviewed in LA, 1983

sharpieboy99

I just found a great Peter Tosh interview done by Eric Olsen (blogcritics.org) back in August 1983, the day after Tosh had performed at LA's famous Greek Theatre. Olsen met with Tosh in his hotel room while Tosh was at the peak of his career, and the resulting interview is a insightful look at the personality behind the musician. This was a really fun read and I couldn't resist sharing: Peter Tosh - The Shitstem - Blogcritics Music

This interview was a great read! I think this is the first actual interview with Tosh I've ever read...very enlightening! My favorite quote -

What is your goal?

To promote equal rights and justice for every man.
What will happen when this goal is reached?

The flowers will bloom and the pollution will go away. There will be fresh air and no pestilence. Man has created these things for experimental purposes to promote death and advance technology. But soon the earth will tilt on its axis and begin to dance to the reggae beat to the accompaniment of earthquake. And who can resist the dance of the earthquake, mon?

Long live Peter Tosh!

My favorite line is this:
What is your place in music?

"At the highest. I live my music, seen? I am a man of profound righteousness. I am in the highest position of life, so my music is also of highest position. Yah mon!"

It really cuts to the heart of Peter and shows how he viewed himself not just as a musician but as a leader with the power to influence and change…and he truly fulfilled that role!

Back
Top Bottom