Ph - Can I Adjust My Tap?

420dawn

Hey,

I recently started having problems and have found out that its because of the ph level. I have tested the tap water that I have been using and it has been on the higher scale around 9+-. I did get a pH control Kit with a Base Solution, Acid Solution, and a tester(pour in three drops to a tube with the solution). On all of the instruction it says the "Nutrient Solution" which I am guessing is the the fertilization i do, but not often. So, my question is, would it work to just put a little acid in the tap water to get it into a rate of 5-6pH(by using tester) and water the plants that way?

* Reason for this question is because I thought the problem was a Nutrient problem before and it has been fertilized recently. I hear if you adjust your pH level after doing a lot of fert(which has not been absorbed because of pH) that you could kill your plants from too much. Thank you.

Re: Ph- Can i Adjust My Tap?

hi mate your ph shud be 6.5 imho.....if in soil when you feed the plants nutes......i think you call it ferts right ?...the ph will be a lot higher than the ph in your water......i bought a digital ph pen for £45 i fill my bucket with water which is 7 .0 ph then add my nutes which gives me a ph of 9.....i then add acid to the water to bring down the ph to 6.5....then feed the solution to my plants...........hope this helps.........be lucky weedtastic

Re: Ph- Can i Adjust My Tap?

Dawn,check online homebrewing shops. Homebrewers are obsessive about water chemistry. They'll have what you need to treat as many gallons water as you need at a cheap price.

check our sponsors here, theres plenty of them that sell ph up & down and testers.. For your question, yes you can adjust just your water's PH, You should always adjust your PH on all solutions you give your plants. Whether its just a straight water, or a nutrient feeding. Its very important to keep the PH balanced and even throughout the entire grow/lifecycle of the plant. I just bought a decent inexpensive digital tester for $30 and its the most used tool in my garden. your ladies will love you for it....:lot-o-toke:
good luck, hope it helps..

Back
Top Bottom