PH pen issues

Camplazlo

420 Member
Ive decided to see if my ph pen is out ive got the hygen ph buffer 7 and 4 and im using ro water to rinse it i put the pen in the ph 7 solution and it reads 7.5 but when i put it in the 4 solution it reads 4.0 how do i fix this ? Cheers

Should be a method for calibrating it. The more expensive models have a calibration mode. The cheap ones have a small screw you adjust with a jeweler's screw driver. Check the manual that came with the pen.

Should be a method for calibrating it. The more expensive models have a calibration mode. The cheap ones have a small screw you adjust with a jeweler's screw driver. Check the manual that came with the pen.
Thanks mate cheers for the reply fixed it.

If you're using one of the cheap pens calibrate it at least every 2 weeks until you "learn" it's tendencies. Some will run high/low after a few uses and have you chasing problems later.

I went through 4 of the cheap ones before I got angry enough to lay down the dollars for a BlueLab. Now I rarely use it unless I'm having a problem. pH Perfect works once you figure it out. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom