Ph question?

Re: Ph question ??????

It means your soil PH is way to low, most likely due to salt buildup. You didn't give any info on age of the plant or size of the planters, but in reality the cure is the same.

First, flush the hell out of them with 3-5 times the volume of the planter with water PH'd to 7. After they dry...3 or 4 days, give them a regular watering and catch the initial runoff for testing. You need to get your soil PH to 6.3-6.8, but it sounds like your soil is way below that.

After you test that runoff, and have a better idea where your PH actually is, the likely solution will be the addition of dolomite lime to raise the PH. You'll likely have to do it in stages, as over liming the soil can cause a toxic buildup of calcium.

Flush them now...let them dry, and water again to test that runoff...post the numbers here and I'll try and help you get it back on track.

It means your soil PH is way to low, most likely due to salt buildup. You didn't give any info on age of the plant or size of the planters, but in reality the cure is the same.

First, flush the hell out of them with 3-5 times the volume of the planter with water PH'd to 7. After they dry...3 or 4 days, give them a regular watering and catch the initial runoff for testing. You need to get your soil PH to 6.3-6.8, but it sounds like your soil is way below that.

After you test that runoff, and have a better idea where your PH actually is, the likely solution will be the addition of dolomite lime to raise the PH. You'll likely have to do it in stages, as over liming the soil can cause a toxic buildup of calcium.

Flush them now...let them dry, and water again to test that runoff...post the numbers here and I'll try and help you get it back on track.

Ok i will flush in a few days cause i just watered yesterday. How can my soil PH be low when I am using brand new soil out the bag, I'm using FFOF soil and nutes.?

Ok i will flush in a few days cause i just watered yesterday. How can my soil PH be low when I am using brand new soil out the bag, I'm using FFOF soil and nutes.?

Don't worry about having already watered them...flush now. Soil PH is affected by feeding nutrients. As the plant takes them up, they get converted to highly acidic salts, causing the PH tp trend down. I use FFOF in all my soil grows, but have noticed in my last couple that the soil isn't as PH stable as it used to be. I now add 1/8 cup of dolomite lime per gallon of soil to help with that.

If you have some lime already, you could add lime prior to the flush and it will help to rebalance the soil, but if you don't no sweat. Flush them now and we'll sort out the rest later.

Back
Top Bottom