Ph testers

Justones

What's one of the best proven electronic ph testers to buy? I have the one they sell at lowes that does ph, moisture & light. Seems like a cheap one.

Also when you test soil. Do you stick it in the soil or the run off water after watering? I'm confused on this because I read people saying they test the run off. But the meter is for putting in soil.

That three in one soil tester is strictly for the garbage can. There are two types of ph testers - ones that test soil and ones that test liquid. One for liquid is what you probably want if you're growing hydro or soilless. In which case you can test runoff and all nute mixes and water going in. If you're strictly growing organic style soil then maybe a good soil tester is what you want. You may not even need that.
IMO Bluelab is probably the top of the line. I have their Guardian combo meter which tests ppm, ph, and temperature. Other brands also make some good gear if you get their top of the line stuff as opposed to cheap bottom end crap. Ph pens by Milwaukee, Hanna, and the like will get you by for a while if you take care of them. When the cheap meters screw up and you toast your whole grow, you wish you'd spent the money on something good.

Back
Top Bottom