Plant review

Strawhaze

420 Member
Hey all,

Just wanted your opinions on my plant .. the first one .. I haven’t counted the days since it was quite hectic keeping it healthy from seedling.

I realised my lights are close hence they aren’t growing in size.. I am thinking of moving it from my basement to second floor in my home .. is this a good idea? I’m trying to get prepared for the smell and manage to put the lights higher …

The other got stunned and started flowering as it is … any advice on it?

IMG_3581.jpeg

IMG_3582.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg

Just wanted your opinions on my plant .. the first one ..
I get the feeling it is an auto-flower. Without knowing more it is hard to give any other opinions.

I realised my lights are close hence they aren’t growing in size..
When the plant starts to flower there is a couple of week period when it goes through "the stretch". After this there is very little new growth in the overall size of the plant. The flowers will grow thicker and some of the buds will get longer but for for the most part the growth will appear to have stopped.

As for the lights I think a photo showing the plant with the lights will give us an idea whether the lights are too close or too far.

I am thinking of moving it from my basement to second floor in my home .. is this a good idea?
No idea of whether it is a good idea or not without more info on why you want to move it. Usually basements are cooler which means it is less likely to overheat. Also, basement grows are out-of-the-way.

I haven’t counted the days since it was quite hectic keeping it healthy from seedling.
Is this the same plant as we see in your other thread? ...

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/need-help-dissecting-leaf.540184/

I get the feeling it is an auto-flower. Without knowing more it is hard to give any other opinions.

When the plant starts to flower there is a couple of week period when it goes through "the stretch". After this there is very little new growth in the overall size of the plant. The flowers will grow thicker and some of the buds will get longer but for for the most part the growth will appear to have stopped.

As for the lights I think a photo showing the plant with the lights will give us an idea whether the lights are too close or too far.

No idea of whether it is a good idea or not without more info on why you want to move it. Usually basements are cooler which means it is less likely to overheat. Also, basement grows are out-of-the-way.

Is this the same plant as we see in your other thread? ...

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/need-help-dissecting-leaf.540184/
Hey mate how’s it going thanks for replying .

Yes all autos don’t have the time for photos really.

I want to move it second floor to air tight the smell when buds form .. and gives me a chance to put the lights higher.
Yes basement are cooler I’m in a very hot country and it will soon start to heat everywhere and basement has no AC just in case

No that other plant passed away .. I’m doing things better now ..

image.jpg

I want to move it second floor to air tight the smell when buds form .. and gives me a chance to put the lights higher.
The light is already too high based on the new photo. You should consider lowering the light till it is about 45 to 50 cm above the top of the larger plant.

Yes all autos don’t have the time for photos really.
Not really. Based on everything I have read about autoflowers they will spend about 4 weeks in a vegetative growth period between sprouting and when they automatically start flowering. Some might start when they are 3 weeks old and some when they are 5 weeks but four weeks seems to be a good average.

Then once they start flowering they will go for at least 8 weeks before they are ready for harvest. Some might go 10 weeks and the occasional autoflower could go another 2 or more weeks.

With a photoperiod it can be the same amount of time. From the time that seed starts growing the gardener can go until the plant is 4 full weeks (28 days) and change the light to the 12/12 schedule and the plant starts to flower. Then it is still 8 to 10 weeks of flowering with some plants going longer. No matter how I look at it still the same amount of time from the seed sprouting to harvest.

The idea behind the use of the auto-flower seeds was to come up with a plant that would start flowering earlier in the summer and go through the 8 to 10 weeks before the weather turned too cold for good growth.

There are advantages to photoperiod plants include vegetating longer for a larger plant and therefore a larger harvest. Or taking cuttings and getting clones. And, if something goes wrong the gardener can fix the problem and then resume growing until time to do the lighting schedule change to 12/12.

The light is already too high based on the new photo. You should consider lowering the light till it is about 45 to 50 cm above the top of the larger plant.

Not really. Based on everything I have read about autoflowers they will spend about 4 weeks in a vegetative growth period between sprouting and when they automatically start flowering. Some might start when they are 3 weeks old and some when they are 5 weeks but four weeks seems to be a good average.

Then once they start flowering they will go for at least 8 weeks before they are ready for harvest. Some might go 10 weeks and the occasional autoflower could go another 2 or more weeks.

With a photoperiod it can be the same amount of time. From the time that seed starts growing the gardener can go until the plant is 4 full weeks (28 days) and change the light to the 12/12 schedule and the plant starts to flower. Then it is still 8 to 10 weeks of flowering with some plants going longer. No matter how I look at it still the same amount of time from the seed sprouting to harvest.

The idea behind the use of the auto-flower seeds was to come up with a plant that would start flowering earlier in the summer and go through the 8 to 10 weeks before the weather turned too cold for good growth.

There are advantages to photoperiod plants include vegetating longer for a larger plant and therefore a larger harvest. Or taking cuttings and getting clones. And, if something goes wrong the gardener can fix the problem and then resume growing until time to do the lighting schedule change to 12/12.

Oh right, yes but photos need more skill .. something I don’t have at the moment.

Oh so you think the light is too high ? Because it gets to my chest as short man and felt that it was too low for them to properly rise bigger hence the small plant.

Would moving it upstairs be a good idea or no?

Oh so you think the light is too high ?
Yes.

Because it gets to my chest as short man and felt that it was too low for them to properly rise bigger hence the small plant.
The higher the light fixture the less actual light energy gets to the leaves. It takes light for photosynthesis to take place. Without photosynthesis the plant will not grow as well. If you were to lower the light and the plant were to grow tall then all you have to do is raise the light by 100 to 200 mm.

Some of the group here is very knowledgeable in the science behind using artificial lights for growing and could explain it better.

Would moving it upstairs be a good idea or no?
That is something you will have to decide yourself. For my situation I see a lot more advantages in keeping my dedicated grow area in the basement. I keep my houseplants upstairs because they will grow well even with minimal care.

If you are worried about the smell then buying a smaller sized tent and a filter often turns out costing less than trying to turn a closet or corner of a bedroom into a grow area. Costing less in money and in time.

Oh right, yes but photos need more skill .. something I don’t have at the moment.
I admit that I have only grown one autoflower. It is just my opinion but I feel it is the other way around. When growing auto-flowers there is only a 4 week or so time to get everything right as far as the best size above ground and the best size of the root system.

Back
Top Bottom