Plants are wilting need help

Indicas

Dead_3.JPG
Dead_2.JPG
Dead_1.JPG

My plants have brown spotting on them. I am using an incandescent light bulb because I do not have money for a high pressure sodium light. I was not sure if that was the reason. I am using 5-50-10 big bud nutrients for flowering stage.

Hey Indicas, welcome to :420: Just to clarify, did you mean 5-50-10 or 5-5-10? The 50 just seems a bit hefty. It looks to me like lock-out and burning from your nutrients, so I'd probably suggest laying off the feed for a while! But the more info you can provide about your grow - how big your pots are, how much nutes you're using, what medium you're growing in, etc etc - the better the nice folks around here can help ;)

As for your light, incandescent bulbs aren't so great for your plants.. You can pick up a 200w+ CFL (compact fluorescent light) bulb for $50-100, and many of them have the same fitting as incandescents. If you can save a few pennies it'd be well worth the upgrade, and much cheaper than a HID lamp!

Thanks Dangerzone for helping.

I have 9 by 9 pot plants with a soil as my medium. The soil is not soft and has a lot of small wood sticks and other such materials. I do not believe this is the best soil medium. I use 1/4 teaspoon of Hawaiian bud and bloom. I just purchased an LED miracle grow light that only emits 50w. I know this is very low but I am going to try it out for now.

:blunt:

No worries fella, it's what the forums are for :)

I don't really like woody soil, I try to pick out the sticks so they don't rot but I doubt they'll be a problem for one grow.
I've looked up your nutes and they have an NPK rating of 5-50-17, the phosphorus is very high even for flowering plants, so I'm placing my bets on nutrient burn!
Nice choice on the light, 6-8w of that LED is the equivalent of a 60w incandescent bulb, so you can imagine how much power is behind 50w of that thing! It sure isn't HID or sunlight, but it's a big step up :grinjoint:

:welcome: to the :420: community.

I'd like to ask a few questions if I may?
Your plants dont seem to be even near the flower stage, so why are you giving them flowering nutrients? Are they autos?
I also see where it looks like a bunch of spotting on the plants. If you are dripping water on them while watering then this can and does cause spotting on the leaves especially if your lights are very close, water is reflective.

Have you been to the grow room and looked through the forums on How to Grow Marijuana? If not I would suggest you look there it might save you a trip to the store. There is also a self help on disease, pests and problems for plant abuse.
Good luck.:peace:

High, Indicas! I'm a noobie, too but I just wanted to share... I've been using a cfl bulbs on some bag seed, and I've been thrilled with the results! Cfl bulbs are pretty inexpensive and easy to hide, and I have to be in stealth mode (nosy neighbours suck!) In the veg state, I picked up some daylight cfl bulbs, and now that my girls are grown-up I got some soft white for flowering. I highly (yeah, pun intended) recommend reading through the stickies & tutorials on this awesome site...there's a lot of fantastic & helpful info. Good luck and stay safe!

KarmaKannic - Just wanted to say :welcome: to the :420: community, and I had a look at your grows The outside plants are amazing. Love the Jungle.

:Namaste:

High, Indicas! I'm a noobie, too but I just wanted to share... I've been using a cfl bulbs on some bag seed, and I've been thrilled with the results! Cfl bulbs are pretty inexpensive and easy to hide, and I have to be in stealth mode (nosy neighbours suck!) In the veg state, I picked up some daylight cfl bulbs, and now that my girls are grown-up I got some soft white for flowering. I highly (yeah, pun intended) recommend reading through the stickies & tutorials on this awesome site...there's a lot of fantastic & helpful info. Good luck and stay safe!

Thanks, seagem! I really do love this site...everyone is so friendly & helpful and the info here has really been fantastic! You must be thinking of someone else, though...I have only 1 planter with 2 plants in it and they're growing inside. I'll tell them that you referred to them as a jungle, I think they'll like that! Perhaps that'll inspire them to grow nice and plush! Have a fantastic day, and stay safe!

Sorry not sure what happened there i think I must have had something copied on my clip board and it transferred over. I've been having some problems with my computer here lately. Any way hope they grow into the Jungle for u.

:peace:

Thanks, seagem! I really do love this site...everyone is so friendly & helpful and the info here has really been fantastic! You must be thinking of someone else, though...I have only 1 planter with 2 plants in it and they're growing inside. I'll tell them that you referred to them as a jungle, I think they'll like that! Perhaps that'll inspire them to grow nice and plush! Have a fantastic day, and stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom