Plants bleached by Accident! Help!

nobody1

I have an emergency here..yesterday I noticed my girls were looking a bit droopy..I have a 600 watt MH that i alternate between 50%-75% power. My girls 3 weeks..they were doing great with Blue planet nutes. However I didnt realize my rez temp had climbed to the high 70s which is most likely the culprit. So I just finished transplanting them to a new rez with fresh nutes. I decided to foliar spray to help bring them back. I sprayed them with nutes but went back a few mins later to spray the rapid rooters that they are still in surrounded by hydroton, and accidently picked up a bleach spray bottle and sprayed the rooters..what can I do or am I finished? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

thank you!

How strong is the solution?

I'm not quite sure. The brand is "Great Value" All purpose cleaner with Bleach. Active ingredients Sodium Hypochlorite 2%....then it says other ingredients 98%. Yields 1.90% available chlorine. I just flushed the girls with a few gallons of water. I then dumped that rez and remixed nutes in fresh water. Not sure if there's anything I can do beyond that. I also didnt wanna put the girls too close to the light this time..(originally I had them about 8 inches above the girls in a cool tube) so now i have them about 28 inches above cause im not sure the strong light is good in their state. The ballast is set at 50% so im giving them 300 watts right now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wow literally bleached. Since you washed the bleach off right away you should be fine. If it stayed on the leaves longer than ten minutes then foliage damage would occur.

Wow literally bleached. Since you washed the bleach off right away you should be fine. If it stayed on the leaves longer than ten minutes then foliage damage would occur.

I didnt actually spray the leaves..I sprayed the leaves with a mild nute solution i made..I walked away for a few mins came back went to spray the rapid rooters they are in and picked up the wrong bottle, which was the all purpose cleaner with bleach. I sprayed 3 of the 4 girls before I got a whiff of the bleach. I almost cried!

I didnt actually spray the leaves..I sprayed the leaves with a mild nute solution i made..I walked away for a few mins came back went to spray the rapid rooters they are in and picked up the wrong bottle, which was the all purpose cleaner with bleach. I sprayed 3 of the 4 girls before I got a whiff of the bleach. I almost cried!

Update! The girls seem to be making a comeback. The leaves are perky again and all seems to be going well. I want to give a special thanks to Robert at Blue Planet Nutrients for taking the time to help me deal with this situation. I cannot recommend these guys enough! It's a pleasure to do business with people who really care about you and have a genuine interest in your success! Thanks again Blue Planet Nutrients, you have a customer for life!

Back
Top Bottom