Plants from same seed source look totally different: what's up?

CanBud

420 Member
Hi - I would appreciate a quick look at my photos.

I planted a few seeds several weeks ago and I'm about to transplant them outdoors this week. But first, a question.

I have four plants. They were all planted at the same time and are all from the same batch of seeds (plant that went Hermie on me 3 years ago). One plant is much smaller (in height and width), but has amazing density, compared to the other 3. Is this one female and the other three male (or Hermie)? If not, what's going on?

Thanks for your experience / insight.

Oh... My original plant from 3 years ago was from a seed from Jamaica. No idea what strain...

Thanks,

CanBud

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 120
Hi canbud, welcome back to the 420 mag!

Looks like you’ve got a run of some reg seeds there, huh? Each reg seed is going to be slightly different from each other, that’s how different phenotypes are found.

Will you be leaving these in pots outside or planting in the ground?

I can't really Up close where the sites are but just from this distance the one on the right I think is a Hermie and possibly the middle the left looks normal to me. That's what they looked like for me.
Hard to tell from this angle but if u play them out you'll see.
Welcome to the mag!

Hi canbud, welcome back to the 420 mag!

Looks like you’ve got a run of some reg seeds there, huh? Each reg seed is going to be slightly different from each other, that’s how different phenotypes are found.

Will you be leaving these in pots outside or planting in the ground?

Thanks for the response. I will be planting in the ground. I was wondering if I should separate them or plant relatively close to one another, hence the question about male vs female.

I planted a few seeds several weeks ago and I'm about to transplant them outdoors this week. But first, a question.

I have four plants. They were all planted at the same time and are all from the same batch of seeds (plant that went Hermie on me 3 years ago). One plant is much smaller (in height and width), but has amazing density, compared to the other 3. Is this one female and the other three male (or Hermie)? If not, what's going on?

Oh... My original plant from 3 years ago was from a seed from Jamaica. No idea what strain...

Thanks,

CanBud
Look up phenotypes

Thanks for the response... I guess I'll find out :)
I would look up phenotypes, but.... I don't know that's just my guess. I have an Afghani that looked and and she had inside the bug tiny little undeveloped pods that made up the bud. There were no define Seeds except underneath where the blood say it was but yet it was riddled with what would've been said if it developed. In fact the cologne that I took from that one is in my bedroom and is showing the same sign so I'm throwing it out today. You can still smoke it if you want However for me I just have a bit of a different set up than you and I can't take the chance of one plant affecting many so but I'm a firm believer in riding the wave when you never know what's going on. I like the learning process good luck with it let me know how it goes :love:

Thanks,

CanBud
Keep an eye on them...if they came from a hermie, chances are, they're going to be hermies too...just saying :nerd-with-glasses:
I can't really Up close where the sites are but just from this distance the one on the right I think is a Hermie and possibly the middle the left looks normal to me. That's what they looked like for me.
Hard to tell from this angle but if u play them out you'll see.
Welcome to the mag!
Tell me you're joking :rofl: what? do you have the Hubble Telescope over there :rofl: I can't see jack

No no telescope it's just my guess. Like you said hermie to hermie...

I'd split them up if I were you if you wanted to try to grow them out. They don't have to be so far from each other if you stay on top of them. If it were me I would put the short one in the middle Along with the one in the singular picture together they look like good subjects to watch and then I put the other two together because they look more similar that's just me that's just what I would do. That way the ones that look like they may hermie are together. Easier to follow.

It's just my thoughts.... doesn't mean I'm right, but my guess and what I would do.

I'm going to go pull my Afghani by this afternoon For the same reasons. But I'd be interested to see what happens here. Everything is trial and error and we can Only make our best educational guess either base by science education or experience. It's a bit of a guessing game so I'm sorry we can't be so specific but I hope it helps ya like a little bit of a bumper. :love:

Hermie plants will all be female seeds. Doesn't matter if one hermie plant pollinates another different plant. So all should be fems. If the one plant pollinated itself, you should have almost identical plants as the mother from seed. IF you had 2 plants and 1 hermied and it pollinated the plant you got seeds from they will be fems and different cultivars.

Back
Top Bottom