Please help! Bottom and mid leaves turning yellow

Read through your thread and looked at the pictures. Do not think you have anything other then normal growth of your plant. When they get mature they use up the leaves good stuff and they yellow and fall off. Not all plants act like this. My present grow is proof as I have 6 girls, 3 strains, 3 have yellowing leaves, 3 not. Have 3 of same strain, 2 yellowing, 1 not. Got pictures posted in the "Over 50 Club" thread.

My pictures are actually in the "Grower`s Lounge" under "The Mountain, Grow Support from the Over 50 Club". After a couple of "wake n bakes" and.......well you know.

PS,
A lot of the yellow leaves have dropped. Not a problem, IMO.

Thanks for the reply yooper rex! I feel much better with the reassurances. Now just having to deal with the agony of waiting. This is my first successful grow so you can imagine the excitement.

Btw, any clue what strain my girl is? She's an auto flower from royal but that's all my buddy who gave it to me told me.

Also, I was wondering if I should remove the "sucker" buds that are growing at the bottom part of the plant? I feel they are sucking away from the production of the prime buds. I'll upload pictures later tonight.

Thanks again everyone! Happy trails!

Just to be safe, flush her with a ton of water. If it is lock out or a ph issue, this will correct it. Then give her a mild dose of flower ferts with just a little bit of veg food added. This will take care of any lacking nutrients or deficiencies. What nutrients are you using?

HighFlyer,
What strain is it ? On this question, your guess is as good as mine, cause it`s impossible to be certain by just looking at a plant. Check out Leafly or a similar app and you will find thousands of crosses. How many look alike ? Most of `em.

As far as flushing goes, I have never flushed a plant at the end. For the last week to 10 days before harvest I give `em water, with a little molasses added. Mine get molasses throughout the grow. I do have great well water to begin with. Never had a complaint about flavor or taste of my weed.
The little "popcorn" buds, I remove as I see `em. They`re more a PITA then anything, ok to smoke.

Hi Oregons Best, thanks for the reply. I am using Siam Bloom and Siam Flower, just over 1/4 strength. The yellowing slowed down tremendously since so I decided to feed her yesterday. Here are the pH measurements from yesterday. Water - 7.3, water with nutes - 7.1, run off water - 7.1, does this sound right? and pH of my soil less mix is at 6.4-6.6 now. I'm not sure if it is related but I did notice the pH of my mix was low during the crazy yellowing incident.

Thanks yooper rex, i decided to chop them so i am pleased that i guessed the right thing to do hahaha! What is PITA btw? i am very interested in incorporating molasses in my feeding program. i've read lots of posts that swear by it.

so anyway, i was trying to find those photos you mentioned. went to the "mountain" in the "over 50 club" but had no luck. would you be so kind as to send me the link. i'd love to see them. cheers!

oh about the strain, i do not know. all i know is that it is from the royalseed co. and that it is an auto flower. i posted in the "over 50 club" asking if any of the veterans would have an idea just by looking at some pictures but nobody replied.thought it would be nice to know the strain so i can get some more (since i was successful in getting it to this point). it's ok though, at this point i am just happy that she has some nice buds.

Well, in the future, ph in a soilless medium needs to be 5.5 to 6.3. You feed at these parameters. When you water in your nutrients, you want to see about 20% or so run off. This pushes out the old nutrients and replaces it with fresh nutrients and oxygen. You want to have the same thing going out as coming in. Your issue was a build up of nutrients caused by a high ph, I am 100% sure of that. On the topic of Molasses, Yea a TON of people swear by it, but here is the reality of it. Molasses has a huge carbon structure. The molecular chain is super long with it. It is NOT readily available and causes slower growth. What it does do is feed the beneficial microbes in the ORGANIC soil. If your not organic, it does nothing positive for you.

Back
Top Bottom