Please help! Maybe Mg deficiency

LoveCannabis05

420 Member
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and seeking
for your advice with my grow. I am running a RDWC system using Jack’s 321 formula at 80% strength which is 800ppm or 1.6 ec. My lighting is Mars hydro TS 3000 led, distance from plants to fixture is 40”. My girls are in veg now and possibly having some sort of deficiency. I am thinking it’s Mg deficiency. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ACF52AA1-D1ED-4382-8807-DD4870D67824.png

I have never done rdwc before but have had interveinal bleaching aswell. I myself am in coco/perlite but have this at least once a grow... would also love to know what could be causing this. Have you had a Ph fluctuation? Or temperature fluctuation?

I have never done rdwc before but have had interveinal bleaching aswell. I myself am in coco/perlite but have this at least once a grow... would also love to know what could be causing this. Have you had a Ph fluctuation? Or temperature fluctuation?
I set the ph at 5.8 and it would go up to 6.7 in 24 h as the ppm goes down. My room temperature is at 74f and at night is 67f. The is the first time this happen to me.

Mg def presents itself with red stems.
I don't see a pix that shows a stem, but it doesn't look like a mag deficiency.

Jacks is pure salts, I assume you have significant experience ...?
I know that Jacks scientists advise using some Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) in your feed solution ... are you doing that to their recommendations?

They have a very helpful and responsive team there, you can actually talk to one of their eggheads ... do it. Start by making contact via email, then you'll get a name and number.

You're counting on the mix to determine the PPM?
Do you have a PPM pen?
GET ONE.
Get the Blue Labs pen.

Are you ph'ing the mix?
AND a Ph pen. Again, Blue Labs.

Not sure where to start ... not enough info.

I know that Jacks scientists advise using some Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) in your feed solution ... are you doing that to their recommendations?

They have a very helpful and responsive team there, you can actually talk to one of their eggheads ... do it. Start by making contact via email, then you'll get a name and number.

Do you have a PPM pen?
GET ONE.
Get the Blue Labs pen.

Are you ph'ing the mix?

Thank you Auggie for your advice. I will sent them an email. This is my first time using Jack’s nutrients 321 formula at 80% strength, 3grams part A, 2grams Calnit and 1grams Epson salts per gallon. My previous grow was using general hydroponic trios and this interveinal chlorosis never happened. I do own a blue lap ph and ppm meter. I check ph and ppm daily

Thank you Auggie for your advice. I will sent them an email. This is my first time using Jack’s nutrients 321 formula at 80% strength, 3grams part A, 2grams Calnit and 1grams Epson salts per gallon. My previous grow was using general hydroponic trios and this interveinal chlorosis never happened. I do own a blue lap ph and ppm meter. I check ph and ppm daily

Do you have a PPM pen?
GET ONE.
Get the Blue Labs pen.

Are you ph'ing the mix?

F695C90C-064A-4194-A674-A8D127F8BDF9.png

Yea, you got some kind of micro nute deficiency there.
I used Jacks for a long time myself in canna cocco and finally got tired of wrestling with it. It's so easy to over feed and lock out. Switched a year ago and never looked back.

Why did you change from GH?

Edit because I thought of something: Do you pre-mix your Jacks? Make a real strong slurry? Or, do you pour the powder right into the feed bucket? ... it can make a difference.

Yea, you got some kind of micro nute deficiency there.
I used Jacks for a long time myself in canna cocco and finally got tired of wrestling with it. It's so easy to over feed and lock out. Switched a year ago and never looked back.

Why did you change from GH?

Edit because I thought of something: Do you pre-mix your Jacks? Make a real strong slurry? Or, do you pour the powder right into the feed bucket? ... it can make a difference.
I change over to Jack’s because of cost effective,
GH nutrients cost way more than Jack’s so I give it a try. Today I am going to flush out the system and go back to GH nutrients. When I mix Jack’s 321, part A (5-12-26) and Epson salt together in one cup and dissolve it with Luke warm ro water. I dissolved Part B (calnit 15-0-0) in a separate cup with ro water. When the nutrients are dissolved I than add part A in Ro water first and mix it for 5 mins and than add in part B. After all is mixed I adjust ph to 5.8 and add it to my reservoir.

Hey mate, no I run coco/perlite run to waste. But have had similar issues when making changes to my feed/nutrients usually when I do a watering of a one off with usually a toot booster or ipm regime. I run a 200L reservoir and am trying to figure out if maybe you have had this issue through similar processes. Could your lights possibly be too strong? Were they ramped up at all?

Hey mate, no I run coco/perlite run to waste. But have had similar issues when making changes to my feed/nutrients usually when I do a watering of a one off with usually a toot booster or ipm regime. I run a 200L reservoir and am trying to figure out if maybe you have had this issue through similar processes. Could your lights possibly be too strong? Were they ramped up at all?
Two weeks ago my lights was 20” away from the plants and realized it’s a bit too strong so I rise it up to 40”. I flushed the system yesterday using pure ro water and ph it to 5.8. I will let it run for 24h and switch it back to GH nutrients. Should I start will low ppm like around 500 and gradually increase it?

Back
Top Bottom