Please help...problem first week of flower...1st grow ever

missbudz

Hello, this is my first grow and my 3 girls are in their first week of flower. I'm using the pro grow 180 led light and they're in 5 gal buckets with pro mix hp. I'm using jacks classic and blossom booster 1\4 per gallon every other watering. I noticed about a week or two ago on "jasper"(name) one of her very large fan leaves wilted and wouldn't accept any light but it didn't look to have anything wrong with it. I thought maybe the light burnt it so I moved the light up some. Then a day or two later I noticed some yellowing on the very bottom leaves so I fertilized all 3 girls with classic 1\4 per gallon. A day later jaspers bottom leaves looked wilted as if it needed some water but was plenty moist. It started at the bottom and is making its way up the whole plant. Its about half way wilted and top of the plant still looks healthy. Nothing looks wrong with these leaves except they are wilted and will not accept light. The other 2 girls are fine. So I pulled jasper out to inspect and noticed a line of what looks like "holes" running in a straight line on one of the her branches to a large fan leaf, but this particular leaf is still healthy. I also noticed some white substance on the stem and when I rubbed it off it looks bruised on the main stem. Please help, I've done some research and can come up with a few ideas but I just don't know for sure. I thought maybe aphids but I do not see any bugs anywhere on her when I did the paper shake test. And she is not getting any better. Please help.

IMG1545.jpg

IMG1544.jpg

IMG1538.jpg

IMG1537.jpg

IMG1535.jpg

IMG1527.jpg

You're over-watering. Let the pots dry out between waterings/feedings. The way to tell is it will feel empty when you pick it up or kick it.

Oh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who names their plants. ;)

Thanks drofdank. I usually wait until the soil is dry about 2 inches deep but decided to give them nutes early bc of the yellowing leaves. I will wait until the buckets feels light from now on. Do you think the bruises and the weird line on the branch are cuased from over watering also? I appreciate the help!

Other than drooping, they look perfect. We tend to over do things when it comes to our beloved girls at first. In 5 gallons, you'll probably only need to feed/water 2 times per week until late into flower. Check into coco coir for your next grow. It's hard to over-water in coco. :p I use Royal Gold Basement Mix along w/ Botanicare's Organic line + Hydroplex.

Back
Top Bottom