Please help - Ventilation questions and risks

jasonabel1

Hi all,

hoping there are any sick gardeners on here stoned who have a few minutes to give a little help and spread good karmas! =)

Basically im planning a grow in a room that is 2.45m x 2.85m /Or/ 7 sq. metres

Inside are 3x tents (2 of 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.85cm AND 1 of 0.90m x 0.90m x 1.70cm)
All running 1x 600w light each, with there own rhino extractor with filter and ducting as well as air moving 9" fans but the window is only 1.3m length by 1.2m high.

With the ducting did I make a big mistake by buying the acoustic stuff with the yellow in the middle?

my main concern is too much humidity and eventual bud rot; with the above dimensions do you think this would all work without having to force all 3 ductings out of the window i.e. just let it flow out of the tent leaving the window open constantly.

do I leave the door open always? I would hate for any smell to woft down stairs or where neighbour's could get hints of it so wanted to keep it all closed in one room rather than open.

Finally, all this equipment but only 1x double socket and 1x single socket in the room. I have RCD timers for the ballast, shall i use one ballast per socket and trail an extension lead from another room to fit all the other stuff like fans etc.. ?

The bedroom is on a wall directly next to someone else's house. my house is semi detached though and my room is as far as can be from my the other neighbour's house.

Do you think they would suspect any ill doing going on with all the power and equipment being used next door? The floor is laminate and its quite echoie in the room.

Do i need to sound proof this room? in some way? Will it be fine do you think?

And just to think this is all because of paranoia. Any help curing me of my paranoia of getting caught it would mean alot to me,

(I hope this can help others as well, in a similar predicament to me)

Thanks!
Tldr.

Nah, you're good! I use 4" a drain pipe, 1 intake filter, 1 inline 4" fan and a 4" carbon filter. I also hang live lavender in my room too. I have Zero issue's... Now relax, breath and get back to growing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Ever hear the acronym, K.I.S.S? Keep it simple, stupid! And in no way am I calling, YOU, stupid. I'm just saying... But, it really is that simple. All you're moving is air.

I'd probably add a 4" inline carbon filter to each room, and keep each room on their own circuit, but that's just me...

yea but surely the hot air needs to go somewhere? and if it is through the ducting on each tent then surely it will raise the overall temperature and humidity of the room which causes problems for the well being of the plant.

I dont know though? so thats why im kinda asking, so your sure it will be ok regardless with just the window open?

Does the noise of all these fans pose a problem to you at all?

My filters are pretty quiet and I run them through my lights, via ducting. That's also how I control my Temps. Saves me about 10 degrees. Now if you wanna run your exhaust out your window, that's cool too. Just add a carbon filter at the end and nobody will smell a damn thing. And if anybody ever did smell anything, it'd be lavender.

nice one man, thanks for boosting my confidence a bit with this advice. So the whole room will be ok then CO2 and Temp wise.

This is what I have 5" / 125mm Rhino Hobby Filter+Twin Speed Fan Carbon Kit Acoustic RVK Hydroponics | eBay

Do you use AC in this recent hot weather and heaters in the winter? Or you dont bother.

I plan on using rox day 21 or so with just soil and water setup.

Whats your yield usually per plant mate? 2 / 3 ounces?

Co2 is a lil tricky. I prefer about 1300 to 1500 ppms. It's also why I stopped using tents and started using actual rooms. Just felt like I had more control and there was just too much shit to worry about. So, I kept it simple. 1 room, multiple light's and I'm in an insulated basement. Temp is the same all year basically. If I want more heat, I'll still vent my room, but I'll disconnect my filter from the light and run it that way.

And yield depends on strain too. You can add and amend all kinds of shit, but the genetics are what they are and won't ever change. Indoors, I have had plants give me anywhere from 3oz to 10oz.

Matey, do you know how many KW is too much in the electric companies eyes by any chance? Ive worked out 4,000kw per hour is what I'll have but ive heard any more than 12,000KwH is too much.

As long as you pay for it - which I am - is this ever a problem for you?

I run a super soil, and stick to organic nutes. And add as needed. PH when and if necessary. Filtered water, etc...

Do you think without a co2 reg it is not worth even trying to grow or can it be done without it with not too great sufferages to yield.

Back
Top Bottom