Please Help!

Hello, newer grower here. I'm hoping someone out there knows whats going on here. I think I have narrowed it down to Potassium or calcium deficiencies. Its late stage no doubt, However, I'm hoping it can be saved. Id like to know how to prevent this in the future . I'm hoping this doesn't ruin anything as I'm only a few weeks from harvest. Thanks in advance

600w vipar
135w HLG quantum board
canna nutes
5 gallon square pots
Soil - 50/50 strawberry fields & happy frog
PH 6.0-6.5
Run Off PH is super low 5 ish
RUn Off PPM 1100
soil PH - unknown
Flush and feed is my opinion.

alright, well you got close and I bet you cleared out a lot of the salts with 12 instead of 15 gallons, so good job. Your mistake is a classic one and one derived from all the bad advice that is being put out on some of these forums. It seems to be popular advice to pH adjust each time to 6.5 and not worry about it, since that is the middle of the range. The problem is that some soils, like FF are buffered very heavily to attempt to swing the pH toward 6.8. If you come in at 6.5 every time in a soil such as this, the only range your plants see is 6.5-6.8, and you miss out on any nutrients that are most mobile at the lower end of the range, from 6.2-6.5. This is what you are seeing... a multi-element deficiency, mostly molybdenum and some of the other heavy elements in varying amounts. This is a progressive deficiency that builds in intensity as you get to middle to late flower and it can be avoided simply by coming in at 6.2-6.3 pH at least a few times in mid flower, or a method I like is to pH to 6.3 when applying nutes and then 6.5 when you do the plain water.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing and Emilya got me through it.

Thanks again, Emilya ! :green_heart:

Thats awesome. Thank you . one last question, after i do a full flush (5gal pot = 15 gal of water) Should I feed the pant right after? Or wait till it drys totally?

I feel alot better now. Thanks Emilya you are truly a gift to every one on the forum. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom