Police Dog Bites 5th Grader In Fake Drug Raid On School

The General

An 11-year-old was treated for minor injuries as a result of the bite by a police dog. A fake raid meant to educate fifth-graders about drugs ended with a police dog biting a student. The Brazil Times, an Indiana-based news outlet, reports that an 11-year-old boy was treated for "minor injuries" following the bite last week.

An officer and his dog were asked to carry out a "simulated raid" at a Red Ribbon Awareness week event last week. The Red Ribbon campaign is a program organized to promote drug awareness. A small amount of a drug was placed on one of the students to demonstrate how dogs can find substances. But when a student started fidgeting, the dog bit him on the left calf. The injury was a minor puncture wound.

The mother of the boy who was bit was not too upset, though. " She asked me what had happened and I explained exactly as I have here in my report. She replied with 'it's OK, accidents happen.' She stated that her son was very tough and everything would be fine," the officer's report states. The dog has been taken out of police service temporarily until veterinarian test results are received.

K-9_Cop.jpg

News Hawk - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Alternet.org
Author: Alex Kane
Website: Police Dog Bites 5th Grader in Fake Drug Raid on School | Alternet

Back
Top Bottom