Police Uncover Cannabis Farm In Quiet Cul-de-sac

Wilbur

A cannabis farm has been uncovered by police in a drugs raid.

Around 1,000 plants were seized following the raid at a semi-detached home in Florin Close, Pennylands on Monday night.

Police confirmed that a 46-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.

The plants are thought to be worth thousands of pounds.

Neighbours said that 39 Florin Close, where the cannabis was seized, has always been a ‘busy’ house with children frequently knocking on the door.

Justyna Nowakowska, 23, who lives opposite, said: “We thought there was some kind of society or someting running from there.

“Wow, this is a big surprise. You don’t expect a cannabis factory in your neighbourhood.

“There are always a lot of cars outside their house.” Trudie Holland, 17, added: “I have seen loads and loads of people coming in and out.

“And I have schoolkids knocking on the door at the end of school time. They knock on the door and when nobody answers they sit on the doorstep until someone comes back.

The arrested woman was being questioned in police custody yesterday.

Police spokesman Christopher Knibb confirmed: “Police have found a large number of plants in a home in Florin Close, Pennylands, which are thought to be cannabis plants.”

Electricity supplies to the house have been cut off. Police said that scenes of crime and other officers were likely to be at the address for the rest of the week.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: MK News
Pubdate: 15 November 2006
Author: Alicia Babaee
Copyright: 2006 LSN Media Ltd

_qWERTY said:
Could she have made it any more obvious?

Thats what i was thinking, if your gunna sell dont have a shit load of people come to your house, do it some other way ... She most likely wouldnt of gotten caught if she was smarter.

Back
Top Bottom