Possible mutation?

coralman

Anyone ever seen anything like this...
8 day old from seed Critical Kush new growth come to a dead end with no new nodes growing ( ignore the shine just sprayed with neem oil)

20161210_095749.jpg
20161210_095744.jpg
20161210_095727.jpg
20161210_095313.jpg

from the pictures you can see the new leaves meet in rhe middle and formed like a dead end for new growth ( prob a better way to describe it)

there is 1 node underneath so im going have too top the plant i think

that's a crazy thing.. if it was me id snip right under that messed up top (leaf) and let that bottom shoot grow up to be the main shoot, then do whatever you would do to it (Top,fim,lst,etc) like if it didn't grow mutated

This is a typical genetic mutation. All genetics have them.. It's still a good plant. If you have bug's at this stage of the game you need to think about cleaning your grow area. And disinfecting it.. You're going to have enormous issues come flowering... Spray the neem oil over every millimeter of each leaf. Underside and top. (Remember Neem oil can only be used during the veg stage) Besides that, let her grow. Wait a week or so, so she settles in from the transplant. Then I suggest using a LST method to coerce more branching. Just simply take a fuzzy wire (you can get at any dollar store) bend your plant over so the top is away from the center of the plant. (Towards the side.) After a few weeks when the new branching is long enough, repeat the same steps. Do this a few times and you'll have greatly increase the numbers of nodes and branch's. No need to worry... (Besides you're premature bug issue)

PS: Was this a cutting? Or from seed?

K. Having bug issues this early tells us that there is something in your environment or in your base.. Is your base fresh? -If so,where did you get it from?

Although it could be just the genetics.. Where did you get the bean from again? If it's got bugs this early that means it's susceptible to them and not stabilized well enough to deter them. Probably not worth the time and effort. Did you germie a bunch of beans and cull the weakest ones? Or did you just germie this and grow it out? <- if that this is to be expected. It's hard to put all your faith into a seedling right as it germinates. Usually a few with have deformities. Those ones are a little weaker then the rest. You might just have one of those as well if this is the case. Could be any of these factors. But If I where you, I'd clean the grow area and disinfect it A.S.A.P .. Cause you can't use neem on the flowers :|

I do a lot of outdoor gardening fruit/veg/chillis etc so im 99% sure iv bought them in myself and i know iv certainly got a battle on my hands... as for the mutated plant its critical kush from barneys farm feminized, my plan was to train and top them anyway but i was just intrigued as never seen it before.

I do a lot of outdoor gardening fruit/veg/chillis etc so im 99% sure iv bought them in myself and i know iv certainly got a battle on my hands... as for the mutated plant its critical kush from barneys farm feminized, my plan was to train and top them anyway but i was just intrigued as never seen it before.
Just wondering are the branches beginning to form?

"carpe diem"

no its like the leaves have conjoined together in the middle and formed like a barrier or dead end for new growth, there is a lower node with 2 new branches starting to grow thats why i was going to top it so the new growth forms new colas

no set time just until my room has a nice filled out canopy, got 6 in 5 gallon pots 5x5 tent under 1000w, hoping not too long but il prob start training in a few days or so and just like to confirm i think the bugs are aphids after a closer inspection, got some bayer ultimate bug killer and have cold pressed neem oil but going have wait now till lights off. thanks everyone

going spray the whole grow room down, pots the lot and see how it goes, had them in the past on outdoor grows and was able to manage them, after this grow im tempted get a bug bomb or something but il look into that nearer the end

I would bend that leaf below the other branches to let them gain dominance and see if a bud forms at the top of that leaf it would be cool if it did. I've seen pics of plants with buds on leaves

Back
Top Bottom