Powdery mildew help

Jackalope

A while back I read of a microbe or enzyme of some kind that can be mixed into soils. Can find it again and was wondering if anyone knew of it? It was something that could be mixed into the soil before planting. It is supposed grow with the soil and attacks powdery mildew before it starts.

A while back I read of a microbe or enzyme of some kind that can be mixed into soils. Can find it again and was wondering if anyone knew of it? It was something that could be mixed into the soil before planting. It is supposed grow with the soil and attacks powdery mildew before it starts.
Never heard of that one. I'm interested as well.

Never heard of a microbe or enzyme....I know neem/karanja are used in soils mainly as a source of defense against pests/disease....maybe you're referring to bokashi or EM-1?

Spinosad is helpful against powdery mildew as well I believe, using spinosad along with horsetail fern tea(Si) once a week as a folair IPM helps the plants build an outer "wall" to help with powdery mildew and other pests. :Namaste:

Yeah the spores are the killer. I get rid of it and it always finds its way back in. I'm learning controls that work for now. I'm just trying to find better ways to prevent it. My biggest problem is when they are in flower. All the sprays I have found wilt all the hairs on the buds. When spraying the whole plant. I treat spots with bleach water. 1 tbls of bleach to 32 ounces of water helps knock it back some and doesn't effect the hairs or crystals. It doesn't kill it though and in some cases it just overwhelms the plant.

[A while back I read of a microbe or enzyme of some kind that can be mixed into soils. ]
I've never had Powdery Mildew but I believe the microbes you speak of is simply lactobacillus or milk.

Also if you are not using any type of Beneficial Organisms, you will help yourself GREATLY to gather up some understanding of them.

I started reading about them 6-7 years ago now, and I do not use any type of bug killer anymore, I feed my plants less food, and growing got so much easier, when you let the wee ones work for ya!!
Best to ya.

Silica will help fight off powdery mildew

Weekly IPM;
1 gal water
1/2 Cup Horsetail Fern tea(Silica)
1 TBS Spinosad(Monterrey Garden insect spray, this is a biological pesticide, safe to use all the way until the end)
1-2TBS Ful-Power(Fulvic Acid)
1 TSP Silica(different sources I use Grow-Sil, can also use any potassium silicate)

Can also add 1/2 cup of rehydrated kelp, nettle tea or organic coconut water with aloe,, spray them once a week can spray right up to the end, along with having neem in your soil it makes for a great defense against pests & disease, it also makes it easier to fight back a problem should you ever encounter one :Namaste:

Thanks. At this point I would try anything. Well? not Any think just most things. Well? Not most things either. Just things there are a thing or two I might try. There is some crazy shit on the internet LMAO.

LMAO....I hear ya, I’ve come across a lot of myths based on nothing... I adopted this IPM from a member here @bobrown14 reading through his journal, there’s a ton of valid info in it, very helpful member also....there’s an explanation for the use of each of those ‘ingredients’ in that IPM in Bobs journal :Namaste:

I will look into it. I have already tried all new measures for this grow. Tried spraying one whole plant in flower with bad results. Have to try next time I can not risk anymore looses this time. I have found that I like washing plants now. Always thought that was uncalled for with Indoor. Just thought of it the other day. Tried it once and it helps clean up the plants before I manicure them. While PM is truly a pain in the ass I am being able to harvest good buds. Mostly it is just the trim that is lost. I am doing a extra manicure after the buds are dry like they do in dispensaries. This cleans everything up just a little more. Going to try Ice hash with the trim. Pretty sure all that crap floats but we shall see.

I actually enjoy IPM lol, love spraying them ladies down getting them all wet...they respond well to it ;)
You are a wealth of knowledge. You need to make a thread of all your recipes and concoctions. I would love to have that bookmarked. :green_heart:

@bobrown14 could throw his recipes in there too, (I would hope he would).

Silica will help fight off powdery mildew

Weekly IPM;
1 gal water
1/2 Cup Horsetail Fern tea(Silica)
1 TBS Spinosad(Monterrey Garden insect spray, this is a biological pesticide, safe to use all the way until the end)
1-2TBS Ful-Power(Fulvic Acid)
1 TSP Silica(different sources I use Grow-Sil, can also use any potassium silicate)

Can also add 1/2 cup of rehydrated kelp, nettle tea or organic coconut water with aloe,, spray them once a week can spray right up to the end, along with having neem in your soil it makes for a great defense against pests & disease, it also makes it easier to fight back a problem should you ever encounter one :Namaste:

I may have to give this a try come pay day. See if I can run down all the stuff to make it. I will probably have to get back to you for more info if I can run all the stuff down. I can't navigate this site for shit so finding old threads is beyond my skills. I really would love a better option with the seed crop I have coming up.

You are a wealth of knowledge. You need to make a thread of all your recipes and concoctions. I would love to have that bookmarked. :green_heart:

@bobrown14 could throw his recipes in there too, (I would hope he would).
Thank you for the kind words, but no credit is due here...simply sharing what was shared with me...most of the recipes are from Bobrown :Namaste:

I may have to give this a try come pay day. See if I can run down all the stuff to make it. I will probably have to get back to you for more info if I can run all the stuff down. I can't navigate this site for shit so finding old threads is beyond my skills. I really would love a better option with the seed crop I have coming up.
Not a problem....some of the stuff may even be free depending where you live...Horsetail Ferns & Stinging Nettle grow naturally throughout NA and many other places around the world, you may be lucky enough to have some growing around you that you can go harvest yourself....if not they’re relatively cheap

Here’s a very informative quote on the benefits of Horsetail Fern and Silica;
Here's a little info bomb on HorseTail Fern and what it brings to the table:

Horsetail Fern "Equisetum hyemale"

Horsetail Ferns contains Silica at 60,000 - 97,000 ppm

Here's a few other benefits from this plant material:

Silicic Acid - 80,000 ppm (rooting agent)
Phosphorus - 14,762 ppm
Calcium - 24,000
Magnesium - 4,730 PPM

NOTE: ratio of Calcium:Magnesium (a little higher than 5:1)

The biggest benefit = Carbohydrates - 737,000 ppm

Ever since I've been incorporating Horsetail Fern tea into my soil regime and IPM routine... NO PM/Mold and plants even clones of the same plants are much larger and yields have gone up since my plans are larger. Also pests and incidence of infestations of mites has gone down quite a bit as well. Still get mites from time to time but they never really get a very good grip and are mainly isolated to a few branches, then I wipe them out with Spinosad and neem.

Silica from Horsetail Ferns and Pro-Tekt are taken up by the plant and the plant actually builds a layer of Si in the plants protective layer (cuticle) that is the waxy layer on the leafs epidermis (skin).

Quoted from a study on the effects of Silicon and plants:

Link:
Probing the mechanisms of silicon-mediated pathogen resistance

"the enhanced resistance is associated with the higher deposit of silicon in leaf so as to form physical barrier to impede pathogen penetration and the activation of host defense response.

Since Si was found to control plant disease, physical barrier was traditionally used to explain its role in enhancing pathogen resistance. Si can accumulate and deposit beneath the cuticle to form a cuticle-Si double layer and thereby interfere with pathogen's penetration through mechanical barrier."

And there's more .... in that article linked above.

Thank you for the kind words, but no credit is due here...simply sharing what was shared with me...most of the recipes are from Bobrown :Namaste:

Not a problem....some of the stuff may even be free depending where you live...Horsetail Ferns & Stinging Nettle grow naturally throughout NA and many other places around the world, you may be lucky enough to have some growing around you that you can go harvest yourself....if not they’re relatively cheap

Here’s a very informative quote on the benefits of Horsetail Fern and Silica;

We need to talk @bobrown14 in making a thread with his recipes. Sounds as if he is a good resource!!!!

You may not be the creator, but sharing does help. Kudos for being here and sharing. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom