Powdery Mildew

Jackalope

I am dealing with powdery mildew so I know ugly plants. I am controlling it well enough to get by and the plants a fairly healthy. No way I can take pictures of then though. It kills me to see blemishes on my beautiful ladies. Major cleaning project for me just as soon as this run is over. It will not be easy but I plan to find every grain of dust in a 100 year old room.

I grow in soil. Dry air here so humidity is not the issue. Without enclosures it is to dry for really healthy growth. My problem is just the spores. Cleaned everything before without any luck. I will get it this time. I'm going to gut it and clean it this time.

Fighting it for the first time this grow. Research has led me to a few preventatives....cleanliness, ventilation, air circulation, and continuous temps above 76F.

To deal with it I am removing effected leaves, and spraying the entire plant with skim milk at lights out. You can spray all the way to harvest. Using skim milk keeps the smell down from the milk fat in whole milk. :goodluck:

Have you looked into using UV light to kill spores?
Interesting. Never heard of it. I know once I get rid of it for good it won't be back. It came from a out of state clone I was foolish enough to except. Nice thing about the middle of nowhere and a harsh climate is few pest's and disease's

I'm going to use bleach! Lots of it. LMAO. Old building. I didn't take the care to remove everything from the room and clean anything returning. Plants always have to come out of the tent for watering and what not. Spores can hide so many places in a old dusty house. I won't make the mistake of doing things half assed this time. I am replacing all non essential stuff with new. Pots and everything.

Back
Top Bottom