Power outages

Auggie

California adopted as much of the "Green New Deal" as possible, and the results are that we've moved just a little bit closer to being a third world piss hole state.

Since growing in a third world country poses special problems that I don't have experience with I have a question. So, I'd appreciate some help if there's anyone out there that has lived in Bangladesh or Republic of Congo that can answer me this:
When the power goes out in the middle of a lights on period, should I tack that lost time onto the end of the 'day' and let the lights run?
In other words, if lights-on is from 6am to 6pm, and lights are out from 3pm to 5pm, should I run those two hours at the end and run till 8pm?

Why not run the lights at a time when there are no blackouts?? Does it cost the same to run lights at say evening into the night as it does during peak time during the day??

We dont live in a 3rd world state. Likely there is another reason for the blackouts that is not obvious and probably has something to do with either greed and/or safety. Likely greed and the excuse is safety.... I wood wager some coin on that.

Reasons I grow Autos for $ 1,000 Alex. Seriously though, I'm an old and couldn't do the math.
Plus I bailed out of Marin County and California in 2000.

Back
Top Bottom