Pre-Flower defoil?

OregonGrown79

My raspberry kush is getting a little too thick for my liking. I would like to flip to flower in a week or so. Can I trim some bigger leaves and open up potential bud sites or should I wait till day 21 of flower? Here is what she looks like!
20161127_114505.jpg
20161129_155239.jpg

OG79

It is always safer to do major defoliation during veg, as anytime in flower increases the chance for plants to hermie. Especially those with weak genetics.

I always like to do a big defol right before flower and then again at week 4 of flower. My rule is to take away any fan leaf that is pointing back towards the center of the plant, and any that can't be tucked that will shade potential bud sites.

Hack away my friend.
:thumb:

My raspberry kush is getting a little too thick for my liking. I would like to flip to flower in a week or so. Can I trim some bigger leaves and open up potential bud sites or should I wait till day 21 of flower? Here is what she looks like!
20161127_114505.jpg
20161129_155239.jpg

OG79
I dont think the leaves will hinder anything it you leave them on. Maybe a cpl that are actually blocking light. I trim but early in veg so new growth comes thru. Try tying down. And the sooner the better!

1stimeFarmer

Back
Top Bottom