Pro mix?

estranged

anyone used this pro-mix before,,
just bought a bale of it,, so i hope it will be good,,
yhst-63803600799585_2047_1291007.jpg

PRO-MIX 'BX'/MYCORISE® PRO is a "general purpose" peat-based
growing medium with vermiculite and perlite, used for the
cultivation of a wide variety of plant species.

MYCORISE® PRO ensures stronger, healthier plants due to
more developed root systems and better fertilizer uptake.

Re: Pro mix??

I've heard Promix is decent stuff. As it's peat-based, as the peat decomposes you'll want to add lime to counteract the pH shift.

thanks for the tip tortured,,
it does say it has dolomitic and Calcitic limestone in it already tho,,
says
Major Components
-75%-85% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
-perlite
-Mycorise pro
-vermiculite
-Dolomitic and Calcitic Limestone (ph adjuster)

says best used for plants with ph requirement between 5-7
i guess i will find out how well it works by using it, ;) , not going to add nothing to it,, thought maybe some worm castings ,, but just going to use like this,,

Sounds like they covered it then lol.

I used to know a guy that used it outside. He'd dig a hole about three feet across and two feet deep, dump in two or three inches of "sludge" from the local sewer plant, and then fill the hole with promix.

He swore by it even though his yield wasn't extreme. But then again he always buried his plants in the deepest brush piles that he could manage to crawl into with an old army shovel so I bet they didn't exactly get a lot of light.

that's weird cause i was just thinking about planting some outside and doing just that,,
digging a hole and filling with the promix,, and see what happens,,
basicly where i am i have endless oportunities to grow patches outside,, but i want quality rather than quantity, as i am just growing for me, both would be nice tho, :cheesygrinsmiley:
but with outside i don't have as much control/ pests/animals/weather/
but then again, mother nature im sure do a better job then me at growing some nice kind,, for a little while anyways. ;)

pro-mix is great stuff,I use it and would not use anything else.I put extra lime,perlite and worm casting in it.Thats for mature plants.for seedlings i just use pro-mix a pinch of lime and extra per-lite.

ive been using it for a while now with gd results except for a buddy who uses oceans with his fox farm nutrients every1 else i know that used to grow or does stiil grow in soil uses pro mix

Back
Top Bottom