Pro-Pot Group Wants 4/20 Tickets Removed

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
DENVER -- A medical marijuana advocacy group says it wants Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett to dismiss charges against those who were ticketed at Tuesday's 4/20 pot rally on the University of Colorado campus.

In an e-mail to Garnett on Wednesday, the Cannabis Therapy Institute wrote that Boulder residents "don’t' like to see their tax dollars wasted on pointless prosecution of otherwise law-abiding citizens," reported the Daily Camera.

The tickets were handed out to about a dozen CU students for possession of marijuana. They

can carry a $100 fine.

About 8,000 people gathered on the Norlin Quad Tuesday afternoon in an annual ritual celebrating marijuana.

Cannabis Therapy Institute Executive Director Laura Kirho wrote, "If you want to be the most progressive DA in the state on cannabis issues, then I hope that you will drop these cases swiftly so that we can move on to getting (Colorado Attorney General John) Suthers out of office."

Garnett has said he wants to unseat Suthers in the fall election. But he told the Camera he won't mix his political campaign with his responsibilities as district attorney.

"I won't make any decision about a case that's pending with an eye toward my attorney general campaign," he told the Camera. "We will look at each ticket and deal with them individually."

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: thedenverchannel.com
Copyright: 2010 TheDenverChannel.com
Contact: Denver News, Denver, Colorado News, Weather, and Sports - KMGH Denver's Channel 7
Website: Pro-Pot Group Wants 4/20 Tickets Removed - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Back
Top Bottom