Problems with first hydro setup

Cannabisseur

hey guys, I'm trying hydro for my first time and I'm running into a couple bumps along the way. I'm in the 5th week of flowering under a 1000W light and I am using Canna Aqua nutes. My ladies seem to have some yellow leaves and on a couple of them there seems to be what looks like little burn spots. any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMGP14161.JPG
IMGP1415.JPG
IMGP1414_ed.jpg
IMGP1413_ed.jpg

:bigtoke:

also, i was curious as to when the best time to water would be, and how frequent (@ 15min intervals). I.m currently doing 3 times a day, once when the light kicks on, another 6 hours after that, and then one more before the light shuts off. 2 weeks before i was watering 4 times a day (one more time 6 hours into the dark period).

Are you using tap water or RO? If RO, then you may need Calcium and Magnesium. Also what is the PH of the nutrient solution and are you sure the meter is accurate? If you are not sure, get test solution and check it. I had a PH meter fail this year and give faulty readings and the leaves yellowed before I diagnosed the problem.

thanks for the reply! yes, I'm using tap water, but i set it out day or two before hand do let it dechlorinate. my pH in my reservoir is 5.9-6.15
Also, I just purchased the buffering solution for my pH meter so i can recalibrate it and then know for sure what the pH is at

I agree, you need more calcium. Perhaps a tad more nitrogen too but not more than the phosphorus.
I've been hydro many years now. I keep ph between 5.6 and 5.9
Still sometimes I will get what your pictures and you describe. It has never delt a death blow to the garden or even a single plant. Play with your nuts first, add a bit of grow to you bloom and see if it takes care of it.

hey Kcbum, I added some grow to my flowering plants and sure enough, that seemed to help the problem! i cant find any leaves with spots on them anymore. and i lowered my pH a little bit too. i was running it at 5.8-6.2. I dropped it to around 5.75. thanks for the advice! now i just need to find out when i should harvest so i can begin flushing. (i enter the 8th week of flowering tomorrow)

:thumb:

I would wait till 50% of the pistals are red or turning red, flush for 7 days and should finish with about 75% red pistals at the end. Watch and you will be a better judge of how long it takes to end up at 75%.
glad the grow nute helped out. :)

You didn't say if you knew what you were growing? Seeds from a bag or know DNA?
That would help you to judge the timing better too.

Yeah, they were all clones. Lavender kush I believe.
Should I flush with just pH'd dechlorinated tap water or should I use some type of flushing additive?

u need cal/ mag and micros nutes, as well as some increasing work food strength and waterin cycles, plat looks hungry and thirsty. DONUTS...:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::theband: and coffee kinda hungry....

Yeah, correct PH, and declorinated. (if possible) chlorine content depends on your water treatment plant. I have never had an issue with straight out of the tap water. Maybe I'm lucky.??? But if it ain't broke I'm not fixing it.
What nutes you use? I use Dynagro and bloom. It's very PH stable.
Good luck.
Happy new year.

They still have a couple days on em, but i've started doing away with the fan leaves. a whole bunch were picked off before these pictures. but this is what they look like so far. I plan on harvesting possibly by monday. this is my first time, so I'm hoping to do a bit better my next go around.

IMGP14502.JPG
IMGP14351.JPG
IMGP14311.JPG
IMGP1426.JPG
IMGP14291.JPG

Very nice. I've been trying to post some pics of my garden but it ain't letting me. Must not like iPhone pics, I will use a camera this weekend. I'm 2 weeks out from my harvest.

You think so?! Thanks! I thought they looked pretty good!
You're using the gallery to post your images, right? I'd love to see your stuff

Back
Top Bottom