Problems with new grow, unable to diagnose :(

Freck

Hi all,

New member here, done 2 grows before and both went well, no major problems or anything, however, this time ive had something that looks serious very early on.

Reading some help posts, info for growers, common problems etc on this site has made me think the problem is over watering, but could be ph level as ph reducer arrived today but havent used it yet as didnt want to add anything until i had a better idea of the problem.

I have been using bio-grow (from bio-buzz) to feed plants when watering. should i be feeding them this every watering or when the plants are this small will it harm/burn them?

I water them every few days, the tray the plant pots are in is dry but the soil aint.

Im thinking its over watering with too much bio-grow and too low humidity.

(im hoping to sort this all out tomorrow adding fan, changing light to 250w sunlight bulb, generally fixing up grow box as bit battered from staying in shed since last grow opp over a year ago)

any help would be great as starting to worry and hate seeing the plants suffer!

I will sort out the grow box tomorrow and will happily post pics should anyone wish to see, as this may help pin point problem.

Ive tried to be as thorough as possible but if ive left anything out please ask and ill reply asap!

Cheers in advance for help.

Info below:

Strain - Northern lights (auto and feminized)

# of Plants - 2

Grow Type - Soil (canna cocoa professional)

Grow Stage - just started (only a cm high)

Bucket Size - basic small plant pot (3inch wide 4inch high)

Lights - 1 cfl 250w about 6-7inches from top of plant (have 250w yellow sun light i can use if needed)

Nutrients - bio-bizz bio-grow when watering

Medium - 10% perlite 90% soil (canna cocoa)

PH - water is about 8, ph reducer arrived today so will use this from now on.

RH - 30-40

Room Temperature - 80F

Solution Temperature -80f

Room Square Footage - 2' x 2'

Pests - None Known

Pics:

(sorry about the quality, will take some better ones, just wanted to get this post up asap)

photo_2317.JPG
photo_1_2_28.JPG

Organic nutrients and coco coir don't really mix that well !

If you want to use organic based nutrients use soil/compost based growing medium.

Other wise if you wish to use coco coir its best to use coco coir recommended nutrients :Namaste:

Oh btw a plant that size only needs feeding once week at 1/4 strength of recommended application of nutrient solution.

Thanks for the warm welcome, nice to be here!!

I havent watered the plants since this problem 2 days ago, the plants are doing much better. within the day, the leaves straightened a little.

The leaves on one of the plants is turning really brown.

Ill post pics up 2mo of them so you can see them properly.

I think when i do water it, ill use just plain ph correct water for 2 weeks or so then the correct amount of bio-grow (or another nutrient i buy after more research).

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Also, how do i know if the plants will survive or not. ill post up pics 2mo and let the community here judge on that.

Again, thanks for advice!!!

Peace n love

Back
Top Bottom