Propagation Mat Heat Issues

thelight413

Hey guys, I picked up the super sprouter mat and thermostat, had it set to 75 degrees, temp in my dome (or at the bottom of rapid rooters, I had the temp probe plugged in to an extra rooter in the dome) according to the thermostat is 74-75 with about 50-60% humidity, checked on the clones this morning and there was pretty much no moisture in the dome, not completely dried up but close to it and the clones are extremely wilted, the heat mat was also quite warm(Sensor malfunction?)..wondering if putting some water in the tray beneath the clone holding tray may help. To give you an idea, I have the propagation mat, then a drainage tray, then the tray that the clones are sitting in and the dome over top. The heat light powered on on my mat even though it was only set to 75 degrees(not supposed to turn on till 85), is it possible that the probe in the soil is throwing off the mat? I moved it from the soil to hanging through the vents in the dome. I have turned off the mat for the time being and my dome temp seems to be sitting at a nice 76 degrees, only 46% humidity however (Assuming that will increase as it goes on?), these clones are only 3 days old. I attached some pics so you can see what im talking about.

LFoQFtk.jpg

sxb8yhs.jpg

Also, since the heat mat is off now, The dome is not nearly as foggy (different from pic)

Back
Top Bottom