PTSD and MJ, curing my input overload

Thanks montyblu. I get your point. Deep depression says "fvck your diet & exercise". I'll just try to get out of bed today- that's where I'm at. But I hear you. And I know, somewhere in here, in me, you are absolutely correct. Overcoming depression means overcoming this "give a sh!t" attitude.
I just successfully fixed my jeep (that's why 94xj before john), so the dep. may lift slightly. I'm in it for the oil too!!! (hash not motor, motoco)
:thanks::Namaste:

I will. Thanks for your support Motoco. I'm pooling as we speak, er....type.

Do you still crave smoking pot when you're using the oil?

If I use the buds for oil, I fear I'll jones for smoke (I used to smoke cigs = habit).

Half & Half I guess.

Answer to your question is I've always loved to smoke MJ. Instead of a gateway drug it has always been opposite for me. Since being on the concentrate however I just don't like doing it during the day as it brings me down off of a natural wellness feeling. It is my 'treat' at the end of the day when everything is accomplished that needed to be done. When all is done then I still love vaping/smoking while I'm waiting for the nighttime oil to kick in. When first starting the oil I tried to keep my regular routine especially on my off days of smoking whenever I wanted but the oil changed that. One reason is when taking the oil through gum absorption using a Sativa dominant oil you can smoke anyone under the table. In short order I found out I was wasting the herb. Again at the end of the day the daytime has worn off so that time for me is my unwind time until the nighttime kicks in and then a deep REM sleep occurs, wake up and the cycle continues towards a much better life. Feeling healthy with a good attitude is something I'm addicted too now. Its my fav without sacrificing my R&R, which by the way everyone needs in their life. Just keep taking the oil correctly and simply get on with your life. There are always small workarounds but the oil shows you the way. It repairs/maintains many things before your brain catches up. Muscle memory can be a bitch. The daytime oil will pull you off the depressed couch Brother and get you doing things asap if not sooner. Depression is devastating. I love helping our Vets, but, so many have been drugged for so long it is hard to get them headed in the right direction. There are times in your life though when all hope seems lost there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I sincerely hope you follow it. This way Brother you will learn the way to stealth help fellow Vets, trust me there are thousands in the same condition as you. Hope this helped.

Hash, not motor oil, lolol. Motoco means Miracles of the Original Concentrated Oil as an FYI :)

Cheers Brother and to all Vets...God Bless you all for serving our country, you deserve the best....

Care for the body and the mind (?) will follow.:thumb:

Exactly! With the concentrated oil it cares for the mind and everything else follows. You could only imagine with the oil, exercise and diet could do. Results are phenomenal! John, the oil will get you off the couch so you can care for the body in short order and as you have mentioned that is your biggest hurdle. I spend most of my time in the medical journals on how to make the oil and use it. So if you don't see me around much ring the doorbell for any help you might need.

"Feeling healthy with a good attitude..." Heaven on earth!

I just (7am monday) got a call w/ caller ID saying it was the U.S.GOVERNMENT. Good God now what? Vets hospital SF. Fast moving prostate cancer. "I live for the oil" takes on a whole new meaning...

I'm OK and because of you guys, I know what to do.:yummy:
I live for the oil.
PTSD and cancer. Good thing it's not serious!

I just (7am monday) got a call w/ caller ID saying it was the U.S.GOVERNMENT. Good God now what? Vets hospital SF. Fast moving prostate cancer. "I live for the oil" takes on a whole new meaning...

Good Morning John,

I'm off this week on the forums taking a much needed rest. I seen this checking my morning emails and wanted to respond because of your diagnoses. You need to be in this forum 'How to Dose Correctly Using RSO'. You can learn a lot of info prepping for cannabis concentrated oil treatment. I realize your financial situation but gaining knowledge is the first step and one of the reasons I'm off for a week also. Start reviewing here. Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method You can check your PM also for any questions you might have while I'm off. When it rains it pours, stay positive and focus on learning what you can. Easier said than done but negativity can make matters worse. Stay strong Brother.

I don't have time to grow and make the oil. Where's the best, fastest, and cheapest place to get quality oil?

I don't have time to grow and make the oil. Where's the best, fastest, and cheapest place to get quality oil?

The fastest way to get quality oil is to make it yourself. You are in a region where quality flowers is easy to acquire. In fact I just helped some folks up north with all the sources they need. I will email them and see what sources they came up with. John the worse thing you can do right now is to rush into things and get things wrong out of the gate. Start reading the link I gave you as I have some appointments today. Use the contact I gave you and soon as I get a chance I'll start putting together more infor for you. Hard as it is stay positive, cancer loves negativity.

Sending you good thoughts and vibes John.Need more friends here. Thank You!

Thanks Montyblu. I feel better today. Yesterday was a little rough telling sis and local friends. Today I'm in action. Just searched west Sonoma Co. for 99% iso for solvent. Seems sold out everywhere. Bought Everclear for $60 only to get home and discover it is only 151 proof (75% alcohol). Liquor store wouldn't take it back....bitch! Any ideas?

Iso? Like in Isopropyl Alcohol? you want Ethyl or "Grain" alcohol.Weird about the Everclear.Just checked some empties I had,55% and up.Workes for me.Probably be best (and safest) to find someone to help ya out the first time.Youtube? maybe? Use the Everclear you have,follow the article MotoCos wife sent and you will do great.I usually use 2 cups per batch.You can get nice flowers,trim where you are. Talk to people as well.Good luck!

Thanks again Montyblu. I'm getting good advise from the Motoco's. Ethyl or grain it is!
:yahoo:

I suffer from service related PTSD and Social Anxiety. It usually begins to manifest itself in what I call "Input Overload" where the normal stimuli around me will send me into a panic or worse, sometimes an anger driven state of mind which I take out on those around me. I have taken/tried a combo of Prizac, Paxil, Zoloft, and therapy since 2001 to try and manage my "behavior" if you will. I did find Paxil to be helpful but the side effects are painful and quite odd including IBS, Severe weight gain, the overwhelming urge to stop taking my meds, and drastically lowered inhibitions.
I finally found a therapist who is an old hippie and he suggested I try MJ. I had been smoking off and on since I was about 15 but never tried it as a medication. The withdrawals from Paxil were a nightmare, the worst was the shocking feeling that ran up my spine into my head....and yes I tapered off as recommended. Now I was unable to get a medical recommendation but here is what I have found from "self medication". The input overload still happens but while using MJ I am able to recognize the trigger before or just prior to it affecting me. In other words the racing thoughts are slowed just enough to allow me to rationalize what is ACTUALLY happening or about to happen. It has been such a relief and my wife although not a total advocate, appreciates the
good things it does for me. She has always stood by me but she now says its
easier to do knowing that "I'm mellow" and wont have a negative reaction to a
door slamming or sitting in a restaraunt full of people...although I still have to
have my car parked nose out and sit with my back to the wall (For a quick
exit should a "situation" arise)

I know it sounds crazy but if you met me you probably couldnt even tell I carry this burden.

Thank (your) god for old hippie therapists and for Cannibas Sativa.
You and me both my friend. From parking to my back to the wall in a restaurant. I really feel you brother. Huah!

Back
Top Bottom