Pump size for outside soil garden

Darkhorse Gardens

420 Member
I am going to increase the size of my garden this year and want to start mixing my nutrients in a 50 gallon barrel. I want to know the best pump size to use to distribute the nutrients/water mix through a hose with a sprayer attachment. Any suggestions on pump size/type? I wan the water to come out at a decent clip so i don't have to spend hours emptying the barrel.

So no one has answered you for a few reasons. We get what you are asking...what size pump...but there is no information to help one help you.

I guess the part where you say I want it to work well at emptying a 50 gallon tank is about all the info we have.

We need to know basic things to help but what you really want is to calculate the flow rate you need at the head you need and ask about that type of pump.

For example... one might say that need a pump to supply 5 gallons a minute (so you can empty in 10 minutes) to a head of 12 feet.

Better yet is to do some research into the type of pump you want (submersible, inline... ) and decide on a manufacture and model and then ask us if we think it is shit or if there is something better.

For enough money you can empty that real fast. I designed a peristaltic pump once that would do 10 gallons a minute. That costs way too much though...in think it is 5 grand or so.

Peristaltic is where it is at if you have the cash. No impact to the fluid.

Are you planning to plumb the barrel and have pipes going in and out or hoses out the top?

I know multiple people running large side resivors and it can be done many ways effectively. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom