Punishment for one plant

stewbacca6

Hey what do you guys think would happen if you were caught growing one plant, obviously for personal use. Say this happened in a conservative state like Texas. Do you think they would even care?
I mean if you think about it, if you grow for personal use, thats less money going to the gang controlled drug operations.

I would be very cautious growing one plant in Texas.

I mean if you think about it,...
What does thinking have to do with Texas marijuana law?

Even if the judge only made you spend one night in jail for the offence, it is still a felony. Felonies will make it harder to get a job, rent a house or apartment, and impossible to get student loans. Basically a felony will make your life a lot harder. The punishment isn't as bad as your future life will be. But before all that you have to deal with paying all the fee's nailed on you. All the more reason to keep your mouth shut and be stealthy. Lovely free country isn't it?

Don't know about TX (and I don't want to) but just read about a NC couple who were caught with 4 seedlings growing and they have been fired from their jobs (both were teachers) in jail under a $50,000.00 bail for each, lost custody of their 2 kids, have been charged with Manufacture and maintaing a house which could get them 10 years for each offense. And as they say, "Don't mess with Texas"

Ya. It's all because of the white racists who hate the mexicans and the weed they bring.

Seems to me that they must like them just fine since they've made it scary enough that lots of people buy imported brick instead of growing domestic. Think about all the hard currency that ends up crossing the border because of it.

No, it's about the money and the power - The chemical companies don't want hemp and all of it's uses that could put them out of business and they give major bucks to the Politicians who have the power In 1937 when pot prohibition started, it was the Hearst Paper Co. and DuPont Chemical who were behind it.And today it is big business that is still behind it. Until the people take back the government from the deep pockets of special interest, we will not see any change

I dont know, it seems like the judge would be smart and not over punish someone, whom they know is not dangerous and is really not doing anything wrong. The jails are already overcrowded as it is, and it seems like if they caught a responsible, tax paying, productive member of society growing one marijuana plant for their own personal use, they shouldnt take them out of society and place them in a costly jail. Especially if they are doing it so they dont have to contribute to the illegal drug trade, which gives all the criminal enterprises their power! If you think about it, if everyone grew for themselves, that would take a big chunk out of all the gangs money.
Doesnt that make any sense?

If you are an Adult and convicted of a felony, yes that is a matter of public records.To find out you would need to go to the cleck of court's office

That would presumably depend on the individual Clerk of Courts who's jurisdiction the trial was held in.

As the information is a matter of public record (under most circumstances), I don't believe that there would be anything preventing them from posting such information on the internet. But OtOH there is absolutely nothing requiring that they do so.

Civil litigation and court documents are available to anyone with a Pacer account (unless said documents were ordered sealed by the court), but that doesn't work for criminal stuff (AfaIK).

If you know enough information to identify them and have a friend who's a LEO, you can ask them to run the person's name/etc. for local wants/warrants, NCIC holds, whether they are on probation/parole/house-arrest, and recent convictions.

Probably all kinds of other stuff for all I know, LOL. Big Brother is watching (so don't forget that it is YOUR duty to watch back) and all that....

Back
Top Bottom