Purple Express Automatic Seed to Harvest Time

rattlerr

I have obtained some of these seeds from Freedom "Purple Express Automatic" now some of the information listed out their on the plants seed to harvest is not listed. However, i have found one website that says 60 days ( seed to harvest) but every other site says Flowering 60 days and that is it.

So i was wondering if anyone that has grown this strain can help me out so i can plan rotations properly, I would like to find out if it is 60 days from seed to harvest or if it was 2 months veg and 60 days flowering time.

yeah, I am aware that the specs are under perfect conditions i have been growing for many almost a decade now. The breeder only lists 60 Days Flower does not specify Veg Time at all. I found another site that says that this strain from Seed to Harvest is 60 days, while the breeders site along with others do not specify Veg time just the 60 day flower time.

I do not think i will buy any more seeds from Freedom seeds they seem to lack information on their stains along with conflicting information on the Seed to Harvest time. Now the site mentioned below lists more information like Seed to Harvest but where they obtained this information is unknown. I tried contacting the breeders through an email to gain some additional information about the strain but they have not wrote back and that was 3 months ago.

Strain: Purple Express Auto
Breeder: Freedom Seeds
Type: ruderalis/indica/sativa
Flowering: Automatic flowering
~60 days (From seedling to harvest.)

Only female seeds.

Freedom Seeds - Purple Express Auto
Purple Express is the newest addition to the Freedom Seeds range and combines the latest auto flowering developments with vigorous, high yielding genetics. Not only that, she is a stunner; cloaked in purple she's the queen of the crop. Buy a ticket and alight the Purple Express, this strain is bound for glory and coming to a town near you.

Flowering: Autoflowering
Genetics: Big Easy Hybrid
Flowering Time: 60 days
Height: Up to 140cm
THC Level: Medium / High
Yield: Up to 600gr/m2

Most every auto I have grown takes usually 10 weeks from seed or longer, depending on strain, and this is with partial amber trichs, I am too impatient to wait for trichomes to turn all amber, but 75-80 days for me is the average. PEACE!

I received confirmation that Purple Express is about 60 days from seedling to flower. The one auto that i have in a 25 gallon pot is no more than a foot tall and i noticed today it has started flowering. The breeder says up to 150cm i think the only way to get the height is to force the plant to stretch by either raising the light up high or to keep it in the sun. By the time it is done flowering it might get another foot in height and is not going to come close to Yield of Up to 600gr/m2 at it's current height.

This current seed i started indoors than transplanted it outdoors, I think this time i am going to start it outdoors so it will stretch and gain some height to it so it can support the possible yield mentioned.

I tried to find out something more about your Purple Express, but unfortunately I found nothing more then you.
Usually, autoflowers need about 10 weeks, seed to yield. 2 weeks of vegetative and 8 of flowering. So don't worry if your plants don't reach the harvest in 60 days. it also depends when you wanna harvest your plants. You could prefer a mental high, or a couch-lock one; and it may take another 1 week or 2.
I've read that when producer gives g/m2, it is assumed that the plants are trained in SoG with 600W HPS.

I'm also trying a perpetual harvest (once a month) and I don't really bother about producer infos. I assume that they will need 10 weeks or so, I place one new plant every 25 - 35 days.

Hope it helps!

I try for a 50/50 on the trichs color if at all possible i just know at the current height it will not produce as much as it should. So the next seed I am going to put outside as soon as it pushes up through the dirt and hopefully get some height and a much larger root system. So the plant will have more bud sites and produce additional cola's while getting closer to the approximate yield.

I try for a 50/50 on the trichs color if at all possible i just know at the current height it will not produce as much as it should. So the next seed I am going to put outside as soon as it pushes up through the dirt and hopefully get some height and a much larger root system. So the plant will have more bud sites and produce additional cola's while getting closer to the approximate yield.

Try to use some lst since the beginning 4-5 nodes to have more light on budsites. Usually high rh help in height development during the veg and wind makes thicker the main stem and branches to support big colas.
Place them in a field exposed to south to have the longest sun exposure

I have my plants in a good spot where they average close to 7 hours of direct sunlight and the other few ours are partial sun with some shade. The plant right now has a pretty thick main stem thicker than most i see for only a foot tall. The plant has about 3 nodes at the moment with 2 branches that are adjacent to each other instead of alternating like most plants do. That could be due to the current height is why the nodes have not started to alternate yet.

60 days is a dream and a selling point. It always takes longer. Has somebody had a ready harvest after 60 days for auto's? Not me, however i can't complain about yields and potency. Autos have gone a long way.

7 hours will not do man. especially for autos. one benefit of autoflower is that you can throw all the light you have at it for 24/7.

Ye, as much light as possible is really a good way for Auto's development, but I PERSONALLY suggest to give them some dark hours. They are plants and need some rest: photosintesys needs also the night!

7 hours of direct sun may not enough for huge harvest, but you should get some result! probably it will take longer, but don't worry

anyway there is an interesting thread about light schedules here on the forum:
Auto flowering schedules

Some use 24/7... not me. Reports suggest there is no difference for 24/0 and 20/4... and some say there is. Go figure.

I worry that 7 hours a day will leave you with one stem and no much of a side brunches. Oh well... trial and error right :D

Some use 24/7... not me. Reports suggest there is no difference for 24/0 and 20/4... and some say there is. Go figure.

I worry that 7 hours a day will leave you with one stem and no much of a side brunches. Oh well... trial and error right :D

I don't think there is something completely right or wrong. You should try and experiment everything, and take note, so you can get better results each time you grow.
You can read everything you want on forums and it helps a lot (but are just advices, there is not a perfect standard-way to grow everywhere in the world).
You are the only one who perfectly know your enviroment specs, your own style and your goal.
So try, make mistakes, take note, try again, make other mistakes and take note. This will help you a lot

I wanted to try this strain outdoors the specs are pretty good for an auto being that it can potentially produce a decent amount of bud. Right now I am in the process of building a green house and i will also put in about (4) 1000 watt dual spectrum bulbs from hortilux once it is completed. I normally just stick to feminized or regular seeds but wanted to try out the automatic strains one big thing i do not like is not being able to clone and put the plant back into veg. Once that seed cracks you cannot stop the timer like you can a non automatic strain.

I am super cropping the plant and will be lolly popping the branches also to see how what the results are, mean while i just germinated another seed and planted it into a 2 gallon pot to wait until i move it to a 25 gallon spot.

I will post some pictures of the plant from this point on she just started showing pistols about 1 week ago.

I wanted to try this strain outdoors the specs are pretty good for an auto being that it can potentially produce a decent amount of bud. Right now I am in the process of building a green house and i will also put in about (4) 1000 watt dual spectrum bulbs from hortilux once it is completed. I normally just stick to feminized or regular seeds but wanted to try out the automatic strains one big thing i do not like is not being able to clone and put the plant back into veg. Once that seed cracks you cannot stop the timer like you can a non automatic strain.

I am super cropping the plant and will be lolly popping the branches also to see how what the results are, mean while i just germinated another seed and planted it into a 2 gallon pot to wait until i move it to a 25 gallon spot.

I will post some pictures of the plant from this point on she just started showing pistols about 1 week ago.

Some pics would be nice to see! I'm really curious about your plants! let us know how the HST works on autos.

The pictures were vertical now they are sideways when i uploaded them to my gallery sorry about that. I will upload more in a couple of weeks.

IMG_20150309_141352.jpg
IMG_20150309_141347.jpg
IMG_20150309_141340.jpg
IMG_20150309_141335.jpg

they look healthy and indica-dominant. Are they beginning to flower?
keep feeding them with veg-nutes for a couple of weeks, and then decrease it and increase PK or your bud-nutes.

I'm really curious to see them in full flower! I've never grown a purple strain. I've read something but really don't know what to expect! If they do not turn purple don't worry!
Reddish-purple coloration is defined by many factors:
- Genetics;
- Temperature (cold usually helps the coloration);
- sometimes Over-feeding (with mineral nutes);

I'm pretty sure you will get a very good result!

Week 3 flowering -vegan and organic nutrients / outdoors / 25 gallon pot

Purple Express Auto - Genetically purple

week3_5_.jpg
week3_4_.jpg
week3_3_.jpg
week3_2_.jpg
week3_1_.jpg

they look healthy and indica-dominant. Are they beginning to flower?
keep feeding them with veg-nutes for a couple of weeks, and then decrease it and increase PK or your bud-nutes.

I'm really curious to see them in full flower! I've never grown a purple strain. I've read something but really don't know what to expect! If they do not turn purple don't worry!
Reddish-purple coloration is defined by many factors:
- Genetics;
- Temperature (cold usually helps the coloration);
- sometimes Over-feeding (with mineral nutes);

I'm pretty sure you will get a very good result!

at this stage of flower there is absolutely no development of any side branches and i have hard time imagining they will show up.

sorry man, but veg grow has failed you fore some reason...

Back
Top Bottom