Purple Kush near harvest then this happened?

keechkush

Hi everything was looking good kinda for my purple kush then i tried to add some more lights and the next day they looked like this. Any ideas..was it the lights? any suggestions? The top pic is the after pic and the bottom one is the before.....
IMG_081544.JPG
IMG_079941.JPG

I'm not a pro but Purple Kush is my fav to grow. May I shed some light on the subject. You refer to your bottom plant as "before" and she looks really healthy to me, good job. The "after" pic is a result of the second light being either too powerful or too close. Your hairs need to mature from white to amber to brown naturally. I think you increased the maturity of the tri-chromes a little too fast, virtually overnight as you detail in your description. Your plant is not damaged it's just being rushed to harvest time. Perhaps decreasing the amount of light or adjust the distance between the plant and your light will do the trick. PK is a very forgiving plant as I make mistakes all the time. When all else fails revert back to your light setup prior. Your plant looks fabulous and she will continue to mature nicely. Wishing you and your lady some time of reflection, with good intentions, PK Femme..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks...yes i reverted back to the light setup i had before... the lights i added were a good 6" away but they were 1600 lumens...lol... i wont make the same mistake again

Thank you growtohealme,,,for your responce to my question regarding purple kush last night and thank you for that...you mentioned that you grow this a lot...as this was my first grow and i still have a few seeds left i had a question regarding topping the plant? Is it a good idea to top the plant or should i just leave it so that one big kola can grow..and if so how do you clone this girl...mind you i topped the one that you saw in the picture and have a couple of clones starting from that one but just wanted your opinion on topping the purple kush. Thanks

Thank you growtohealme,,,for your responce to my question regarding purple kush last night and thank you for that...you mentioned that you grow this a lot...as this was my first grow and i still have a few seeds left i had a question regarding topping the plant? Is it a good idea to top the plant or should i just leave it so that one big kola can grow..and if so how do you clone this girl...mind you i topped the one that you saw in the picture and have a couple of clones starting from that one but just wanted your opinion on topping the purple kush. Thanks

Well hello there, I haven't grown her a lot, she is just my most favourite strain and I will master her wikked ways one day. But I love talking about her likes and dislikes, in hopes to prevent you from making my mistakes. In the meantime, I'm still a novice but I can answer part of your question.

I have not cloned, unfortunately that is not my thing yet. To advise on this would be leading you astray. However, I have figured out the best topping times for my limited space. Here are some pics of the first topping I did. Now your method depends on your style of grow. If you want to achieve the ultimate size with bigger heads, I wouldn't top until mid vegetation because she needs to grow a thick and solid trunk to hold up the larger size heads.

From experience, if you want to grow vertical I wouldn't top until mid-veg, but since I prefer width, I top in week 3 and then in week 7 so I can form several flowers and live off of them as they grow. What's important is that your stalk has to hold the weight of what you want to achieve. Your pics are suggesting you're on the ball, keep up the great work.

If I may share some more info...One thing I discovered early on is that if I top too many times it extends my veg period. I basically add on a week on every time I top, don't know if that is required but according to my own records my plants took time to grow twice the amount of leaves it was originally intending. Now that I know, I only top once early and once before the flowering stage. That gives me approx 6-8 med to large sized stalks full of bud.

IMG_127523.jpg
IMG_123237.jpg
IMG_124629.jpg

Now here is what my plant looks like when I only top her twice. She is wider but not the height you're probably looking for. I find you will have to defoliate her slightly after she is topped the second time because she becomes too bushy not allowing much light to the mid area.

IMG_116927.jpg
DSC053067.jpg
IMG_166324.jpg
IMG_130134.jpg
IMG_170225.jpg
IMG_130025.jpg
IMG_166825.jpg

Now in a couple pics you'll see that only a few stalks growing because I harvest the stalks as I need them. But the best part about my PK goddess is that she will regrow whatever you pick off the stalk. Now I'm not saying cut a stalk off it will regrow, I just needed some meds right away so I took stalks as they ripened and harvested them to my uplifting liking without effecting the remaining stalks I grow longer for stronger fx.

This is really the holy grail of strains for home med use for a single person who needs a reproducing plant while there are times I'm stuck in bed with medical stuff that is out of my control. Now this isn't a documented medical strain, but PK and I go way back when I used to buy it from a dispensary. I became enthralled with this strain since 2008 that I decided to just grow that plant only. And I haven't looked back since.

My plants grow for me, I grow for my plants. She is sooo diverse and will keep growing bud even when I accidently deprived her of nitrogen. Which turned my new plant leaves yellow. She is frail and sickly, but I am a dedicated grower from start to end. She is teaching me how careful to be with her formulas and not to deviate from the process that works. I love experimenting and I'm always afraid I'm not doing things right, so I think I adjust one thing to make her better, bigger, badder and then I get yellow burn results. So when I saw your post I was like, heeeey I totally made that error perhaps I can just share my experience because I'm NO pro, just a cool chick on the grow.

I hope I gave you lots of ideas and info for you to learn from. I did all my research before I started but because of my medical conditions, I still make impulsive and unwise decisions. If I can save you from my mistakes, then hey, we have honoured the spirit of the plant and why she is medicine. Thanks for asking, do you have more photos?

Nice plants..i will be investing in better lights....the buds you see in my top picture was with 1 fluorescent 4 ft light with those grow light fluorescent lights and a couple of cfl grow lights on each side in a 2 X 4 grow tent and 1 fan...yes it was minimal but was all i could afford at the time...but the buds looked like they were coming along pretty good...of course until i tried to add more lights and screwed them up...so for my next ones going into my flowering phase i will start them off with maximum lights...and not shock them when they are near the end of flowering...lol...here are some pics of my PK and WW

Nice plants..i will be investing in better lights....the buds you see in my top picture was with 1 fluorescent 4 ft light with those grow light fluorescent lights and a couple of cfl grow lights on each side in a 2 X 4 grow tent and 1 fan...yes it was minimal but was all i could afford at the time...but the buds looked like they were coming along pretty good...of course until i tried to add more lights and screwed them up...so for my next ones going into my flowering phase i will start them off with maximum lights...and not shock them when they are near the end of flowering...lol...here are some pics of my PK and WW

I'd love to see some of your pics but in the meantime, here is a thread that I have been following and they have perpetual grows using clones. Their info is so interesting and you can ask questions too. They are into the PK goddess as well. I hope this finds you well. Stay in touch.

Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Back
Top Bottom