Question About CO2 & PPM

Flowrif

420 Member
I am learning how to control nutrients and use PPM/EC meter within my soil system.. I thought I got the just of it but I'm not confident with this topic. I understand that PPM is the measurement of all nutrients and not just CO2. So this leads me to ask, How the heck do I get the PPM for CO2 alone? I'm using Vivosun ppm/ec meter. I see posts online stating not to give too much CO2.. How would I know?

Do you have an exhale bag or are you using bottled co2 with regulator?

ppm is the content or total dissolved solids of your water & soup mix that’s got nothing to do with co2. Co2 is carbon dioxide it’s in the air, it’s what we exhale when we breathe, it what plant take in and convert back to oxygen. Growers use exhale bags or co2 burner to render the gas it does not get mixed into your water in appreciable amounts that can be measured with a pen tho as far as I’m aware

maybe got terminology crossed and that’s cool too, we are linguistically rich

do you mean how to check the base ppm of your water? run a glass & turn on the meter plunk your tester in to the appropriate depth thus shoukd tell yiu the starting point of your water before adding nutes or cal-mag.

gotta crash - catch you tomoz

Do you have an exhale bag or are you using bottled co2 with regulator?

ppm is the content or total dissolved solids of your water & soup mix that’s got nothing to do with co2. Co2 is carbon dioxide it’s in the air, it’s what we exhale when we breathe, it what plant take in and convert back to oxygen. Growers use exhale bags or co2 burner to render the gas it does not get mixed into your water in appreciable amounts that can be measured with a pen tho as far as I’m aware

maybe got terminology crossed and that’s cool too, we are linguistically rich

do you mean how to check the base ppm of your water? run a glass & turn on the meter plunk your tester in to the appropriate depth thus shoukd tell yiu the starting point of your water before adding nutes or cal-mag.

gotta crash - catch you tomoz
Preciate the knowledge

I totally thought it was something else... so how important is it to keep track of the amount of CO2 the plants are getting? Because I don't have any of that equipment and it seems kind of expensive

I totally thought it was something else... so how important is it to keep track of the amount of CO2 the plants are getting? Because I don't have any of that equipment and it seems kind of expensive
AT THIS point, it is of NO use to you.
Forget about it.
That is way down the line.
You need to learn basics first.

I would recommend the boards here.
Scroll up to the Green bar and hover on GROW ROOM.
You'll see HOW TO GROW.
Click on that and start reading.

But, at this point .. forget about CO2.

Back
Top Bottom