Question about how dispensaries acquire their bud.

most ppl think of this as easy money and a great ocupation ..but you must also think of living in fear of the feds, of constant harassment possible from local law, from home invasion from anyone that may think you have .....from being eyed on by the IRS you will no longer be free from eyes watching you. Myself id rather live a more streesless life
Wink

Does anyone know if the dispensaries grow their own weed or buy the excess from their patients? I was looking at the laws and it looks like they technically can't grow their own weed but have to form a co-op and buy excess weed from their customers. They then redistribute this back to their patients.

Does anyone know a good link that has information about starting a dispensary? My dream in life would be to open one, but I'm just online doing a little research since I'm bored.

Anyone who is seriously considering entering the medical marijuana industry at any level is taking huge risks with their personal freedom if they don't obtain professional advice and guidance.

Oaksterdam University in Oakland conducts several classes concerning all aspects and levels of the industry. They also conduct classes in SoCal. I've heard that there is a article in about the Cannabis College in a recent issue of West Coast Cannabis magazine which is available for free in many California dispensaries.

There are attorneys and insurance agents who specialize in the medical marijuana industry. Use Google!

Good luck .... and stay safe!

Yea, great advice, I live in Florida, it ain't legal in any sense. I'm too scared to grow right now, Im a single Dad with two girls, so I'm just learning all I can here and watching an' waiting for the day. I think it's inevitable that it'll happen, so I wanna be READY. Thanks to EVERYONE here for your guidance an' experience and time you put in helping others. I too dream of being a caregiver because I think that bud is God's Gift to Man and I know that there are MANY people whose lives would be improved so much but physically they are NOT able to grow their own. I was even kickin' around thoughts of gettin' some horticulture and pshycology classes or something goin'.

Over here in Britain we have no chance of opening up a business like this. It's areal shame, as I have glaucoma and have heard that it can really help somebody in my position. Not to mention the "side-effects"...

Best of luck to you!

I will second the advice to go to Oaksterdam University. The way I understand it, the grower is called a "patient-vendor" vendors then bring their product to the collective they are a member of, the ombudsman or purchacer will look over your product and either

a) offer you an ammount of "fair compensation" and offer your product to the other patients of your collective

b) take your product, have you sign some promisary forms, agree to pay you "fair compensation" for your product if it is used within 2 weeks, possibly send the product out for gas spectro testing, then pay you two weeks later or return your product (this is the way that harborside health center does it to my understanding) dont be fooled however, most dispensaries have trusted patient-growers and are not looking for new ones unless for some reason they need more supply. I know Harborside turns away 40+ vendors a day. best way to get and stay ahead in this buisness... know what your doing and make good contacts with ombudsmen and soon to be ombudsmen, again... Oaksterdam is your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom