Question about Hydro and feeding - Is frequent feeding best?

BrokrnEyes

I want first time grower of cannabis but I'm not a first time grower for hydroponics and while I certainly don't count myself an expert something I always noticed was rapid growth of my plants the days immediately after a feeding. Right now I'm on a biweekly feeding schedule, Monday and Thursday. Currently I feed my white widow auto flower flora nova grow and super thrive vitamins solution.

For the seedling phase all I gave it was 1.23 ml of the flora nova grow for all of 2 weeks. 3 days after the shell fell off I introduced plant revolution great white, (i'm hoping enough for only 1 gallon, the size of the aero garden reservoir).

Today I fed it:
2.5 ml of flora nova
0.60 ml super thrive

presently it has two complete nodes and is working on the third set, if it doubles by Thursday I may increase it to 3 ml but the thought occurred to me that if I see a rapid growth between now and Wednesday, would it make more sense to feed it Wednesday as opposed to Thursday? obviously not 3 mL but probably 1.5-2 and switch it too an alternating day cycle, the idea being providing a slow but steady step up of nutrients every other day to provide the plant with a constant and abundent supply of nutrients but not so much that it suffers nutrient burn at the roots.

For example:
Wednesday:
1.5 Flora nova
.30 ml super thrive

Friday:
1.6 flora nova
0.30 ml thrive

Sunday:
1.7 flora nova
0.30 ml super thrive

The crux of the idea is that by feeding it every other day and by giving it a slow step up it will experience those growth Spurs I've observed and other plants frequently and seeing as the plant is an auto flour, increase its overall size before flowering.

Back
Top Bottom