Question about indoor to outdoor plants

corinth

So i have 6 mature plants all been indoor as moms for about 3 or 4 months there pretty decent size. All of em got a fresh transolsnt into 7 and 10 gallon pots from 3 gallons. I built a 6 mm thick plastic green house in the back yard so theres no direct light in their all covered in plastic with venting etc. Gets full sun basicslly through 6mm plastic. My question is do i still need to give my plants time to adapt or will they totally die if i just throw em in their? They seem pretty healthy as of now . Im not expecting too much from these guys i just wanna grow em outdoor.

Sounds like a fun project.

My thoughts are that there will be no problem. I would think that if they have become acclimated to their new containers and have started sending out roots into the new soil they should do fine.

I feel that it is the heat that is the problem and not the sunlight. Once they are actively growing new roots and they can get the water they need they should not really notice the move.

Ya im more worried about the heat in their as well. It gets in the 80s here lately i imagine 90 in their on those days. Ill probally be putting in some fans of sorts soon if need be.

Ya there outdoors now heh dropped 1 on the way there but o well heh should be alright. I just never grew outdoors . Will definately be enjoyable.

So i have 6 mature plants all been indoor as moms for about 3 or 4 months there pretty decent size. All of em got a fresh transolsnt into 7 and 10 gallon pots from 3 gallons. I built a 6 mm thick plastic green house in the back yard so theres no direct light in their all covered in plastic with venting etc. Gets full sun basicslly through 6mm plastic. My question is do i still need to give my plants time to adapt or will they totally die if i just throw em in their? They seem pretty healthy as of now . Im not expecting too much from these guys i just wanna grow em outdoor.
I’ve found that marijuana plants can take an awful lot of abuse and shrug it off. I decided to stress test 3 clones last year to see which is the toughest for my breeding project. I ripped them out of the soil, crushed them up into my fist, then replanted them in my cold-ass garage over winter and barely watered them. I thought if one can survive that, it’s worth keeping the genetics around. Meanwhile, all 3 were fine and are growing outdoors now.

You might lose some outer leaves, but larger plants should have less of a problem. And there is the slight drop in intensity from the plastic.
I have also seen leaves recover from bleaching due to not being hardened off, but that was on a hot pepper plant, not cannabis.

Ya there all in their as of last nite hehe. Ye they struggled in 3 gallon pots looked lile root bound on some. But i transplanted and im seeing alot of new growth on the tops. I just want the experience growing outdoor. Will try to post some pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom