Question about roots?

nocreativity

I am using a DWC hydro system--the plants r 2 weeks old and coming out of the basket--when they came out the roots where very nice---very clean white with tiny hairs. However, when the roots hits the water the roots turned a brown. Is this normal?? When i say hit--the roots just hit the water--they are not submerged or anything i mean the tips just hit the water. A little info:
The res temp is cool, the ppm is 550, the color of the water is a little brown, because of the nutrients, I am thinking maybe the aeration is not good---I am using a bubble wand that is not performing like i want. SHould i not worry about it--Thanks

the bubbles are bursting and spraying the roots, which is why they are being discoloured with the nutrients even though they are barely touching the water. just keep and eye out for nute burn and you should be fine. not sure if your ppm level is right, i dont measure mine, i just know how much to give due to trial and error.

if you are worried that your bubble wand is not working as you want, just buy some new airstones, i actually find the cheapest smallest air stones work best for my setup rather than the 6" air stones.

roots can get ugly when using certain brand nutes, you can always do a rez change and drop the ppm. just look at these ugly roots, and this is from a perfectly healthy pair of plants in a dwc setup like yours

Project_005.jpg

Project_001.jpg

pics help, good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom