Question for Illinois Medical Card Holders with 3-Year Card

Last year, I got the 3-year version of Illinois' Medical Card.

I used a service called Veriheal.

After a year, they contacted me and said that even though I have a 3-year Card, I still must Zoom Call with their Doctor once a year.

I have looked, but can't find that requirement in the regs.

I ask because it is a $175 hit every time.

Has this also been your experience?

I'm not in IL, but my Google Fu is strong and I smell a rat. This says you only need to fully recertify once every three years. So it appears you are being scammed out of $350 every three years.

Last year, I got the 3-year version of Illinois' Medical Card.

I used a service called Veriheal.

After a year, they contacted me and said that even though I have a 3-year Card, I still must Zoom Call with their Doctor once a year.

I have looked, but can't find that requirement in the regs.

I ask because it is a $175 hit every time.

Has this also been your experience?
Call the Illinois Attorney General Fraud Division they handle your kind of cases. CL🍀

Ok, I called the state and they said they don't need anything from me until the 5-month window leading up to the expiration. That's my 5-month buffer, which is warning me I need to be proactive about renewing.

As for this situation, she said, the doctor who helped to get me into the system could have internal rules for this yearly requirement. And, IF, you don't play by their rules they can revoke you from their end and Illinois accepts their revocation. Then I have to start over.

She was very nice and helpful.

At least I got an education for my $175.

Next time, if I decide to switch who certifies me I at least know better to ask about their policy on follow-ups.

Speaking of follow-up, I write back about how it goes with the doctor tonight when I bring this up to him.

I would fight back big time on this. Even there website leads you to believe that it's not required:

1670955365632.png

1670955393913.png

I would at least do the chat on veriheal's website and ask the question. Their website is mis-leading if they require yearly doctor exams for a multi-year card. Even threatening to leave a bad review across multiple platforms could get them to change their mind.

I would fight back big time on this. Even there website leads you to believe that it's not required:

1670955365632.png

1670955393913.png

I would at least do the chat on veriheal's website and ask the question. Their website is mis-leading if they require yearly doctor exams for a multi-year card. Even threatening to leave a bad review across multiple platforms could get them to change their mind.

Randar: Awesome find. I will bring it up tonight.

Ok, I called the state and they said they don't need anything from me until the 5-month window leading up to the expiration. That's my 5-month buffer, which is warning me I need to be proactive about renewing.

As for this situation, she said, the doctor who helped to get me into the system could have internal rules for this yearly requirement. And, IF, you don't play by their rules they can revoke you from their end and Illinois accepts their revocation. Then I have to start over.

She was very nice and helpful.

At least I got an education for my $175.

Next time, if I decide to switch who certifies me I at least know better to ask about their policy on follow-ups.

Speaking of follow-up, I write back about how it goes with the doctor tonight when I bring this up to him.

I have had my Illinois medical card since 2020. Once you are certified you do not have to re-certify unless you let the card lapse. I made that mistake this summer. Then you need your doctor to send a new provider certification and start the process over. Sounds like a business that is praying on cannabis patients. My advice to you is ask your GP to certify you and not use the medical validation service.

Also be sure you have access to the state cannabis tracking portal: Illinois Cannabis Tracking System 8.0.28 - Sign On

Good luck!!

It's a bummer that the process can be a bit tricky, especially when you let it lapse. It does seem like a hassle, but your advice about asking your GP to certify sounds like a solid workaround.

Back
Top Bottom