Question on lights for the avid grower

cracker

I recently recieved a 400 watt metal halide and replaced the 3-60watt flourescents I had been using during the third week of the flowering period. I know HPS is ideal but don't have one yet. Now I have a week or two left of flowering but I'm not impressed with the outcome the chronic strain is supposed to produce up to 600 grams and I'd be lucky if I even have 28 grams. Would I have been better off using the flourescents during flowering or are metal halide sufficient during this period?

Also, is chronic very crystaly or is it a late THC producer?

U should of left the flourcents . MH is not good for the plants during flowerin gives off the wrong spectrum. U might have put it in shock puttin that light on so it could of slowed the plant down . And it is sopposed to produce 600 grams under perfect conditions and thats kinda hard. Alot of trichomes come late in the flowerin process but if u got a really good strain u could have them from early flowerin.

600 grams would be incredible for an indoor grow. That's 1.3 pounds!

MH is definately the wrong light to have during flowering. HPS all the way for big yields! If you can, get a Hortilux HPS bulb.

I'm not sure, but I think flouro's would be better to use then MH during flowering if you had to choose.

On average, it will take 8 weeks to flower your plant. That depends on what type of strain you have ofcourse.

As far as crystals, I think you have a couple weeks to go before you see it get icky!

You know, fluorscent lights can still bud plants. I know HPS are much more wonderful to do the trick, but it will still grow smokable decent bud, and of course, not as much. I have used floros for budding and it works okay, it's really good for not gettin busted (wouldn't change electrical bill much if at all).

I tried a new approach...
being as I couldn't just go back to the flouros since I lent 2 of them out, stupid!
I went and harvested one of plants early cause I was fiending man
giving the extra space for more options I put in the last flouro and surrounded the plant and the light with mirrored window tinting leaving enough space for a fan and balloning the material to maxamize reflectiveness inside of the flouro then I just turned the metal halide back on this time on the other side of the mirror tint giving it a pink glow to the inside.
I'm hoping this helps it seems like it should considering the pink illumination you said I needed the red spectrum and it's the closest I could get without running to the store and buying an HPS plus it brings down the temperature to the plant because of the protective barrier.
I've got like 15% red hair only a week to go I will let you know if it works

Thats my baby in the avatar

You do know that they make mh bulbs that are good for flowering and vegging.Hortilex agrosun bulbs are specially designed to produce both spectrums.

hahahahaha so many lumens. I went and got my lights back added those to the current set up and threw in 2 household spiral bulbs just cause I had them.
I just can't understand how someone who smokes more than me wouldn't want to grow their own weed I tried to hook him up with everything he needed to grow and he couldn't even keep the lights on or water the plants once a week. So I took my stuff back. I'm an indian giver. I spent way to much on all this grow equipment to give it to an unmotivated person.
If he would of just showed a llittle responsibility I was going to build him an aeroponics chamber

You take ur Link
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/avid_1.JPG
The u hit the insert image button at the top then past that url above between the imag imgae things where the F is... the link needs the https: and i think thats all ur problem was

so it should do this
avid_1.JPG

Thanks for your help moderators!
It was a personable problem I never knew how to copy and paste but I figured... it.. ouuuuttt......eventualllllllllllllllllllllllllllly these are last week since then I harvested one early and rearanged my grow space and lights to maximize the better plant
the premature chop is 3/4 o w/ stem and it still has moor drying

Back
Top Bottom